The Sustainable Energy Partnership of Southeast PA (Partnership) has been working together since September 2020 to explore pathways to purchase renewable energy to power county operations in Bucks, Chester, Delaware and Montgomery counties. In October 2023, the four counties adopted a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to form an Energy Board that will oversee the Partnership in order to achieve the following shared goals:
- Meet renewable energy targets through access to large-scale renewables with regional benefits (> 10 MWs)
- Lower energy costs and lower budget risk;
- Grow Partnership membership;
- Institutionalize and plan for ongoing energy procurement//Establish framework for ongoing energy procurement;
- Avoid overextending county resources.
Sustainable Energy Partnership of Southeast PA Energy Board
Chairperson: Dean Dortone, Montgomery County (alternate: Jon Lesher)
Bucks County Appointee: Russell Rice (alternate: Neal Dougherty)
Chester County Appointee: Julie Bookheimer (alternate: Vicky Brown)
Delaware County Appointee: Steve Goldfield (alternate: Francine Locke)
Coordinator: Liz Compitello, DVRPC
Meeting Frequency: The Energy Board meets quarterly. Agendas will be posted at least 24 hours before each meeting. Minutes are draft until approved by the board members. Public comments are also accepted during the meeting as well as via email up to one hour before the start of the scheduled meeting. Comments will be included in the minutes of the meeting. Submit a comment by emailing SEPSPA@dvrpc.org.
|Nov 13 2023||Agenda|