10:00am, March 26, 2015
Coffee will be available at 9:30 A.M. and lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIR'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA and NON-AGENDA ITEMS
NOTE: Visitors may view details and leave comments on any Action Item below by clicking on the hyperlinked title.
1. Minutes of Meeting of February 26, 2015
2. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
- PA15-30: Municipal Bridge Retro-Reimbursement Program, (MPMS #102105), Various Counties
- PA15-31: Little Washington Road Bridge over Culbertson Run, (MPMS #14236), Chester County
- PA15-32: Regional Rail Signal Modernization Program, (MPMS #60255), SEPTA
- PA15-33: Exton Station, (MPMS #93588), SEPTA
- PA15-34: Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP) Set-a-Side Projects, (Various MPMS #s), Various Counties
- NJ14-78: Local CMAQ Initiatives, (DB# X065), Various Counties
- NJ14-81: Princeton-Hightstown Road Improvements, CR 571, (DB# D0701), Mercer County
3. Fiscal Year 2015 Planning Work Program Amendment
The New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection has awarded DVRPC $100k to work with 11 towns to help them become more resilient to coastal hazards and the impacts of climate change.
The six TMAs in the DVRPC Region submitted draft work programs for review by the TMA Policy Committee, which met on February 10. The comment period on these work programs concluded on Feb 20. Work programs have been revised according to comments and are now ready for Board approval.
There are seven applications for funding under the Mobility Alternatives Program, the DVRPC-managed effort for TDM outreach and education about alternatives to SOV travel to employers and commuters. These work programs are ready for Board approval.
6. One Minute Reports
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
7. Camden County Regional Police Force Initiative
In 2011, Camden County entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the City of Camden and the Governor’s Office to begin exploring the creation of a county-wide Police Department, to be available to all municipalities in the county on a voluntary basis. Today, the Camden County Police Department is in operation, as the first countywide program in the state. Chief J. Scott Thompson will provide a presentation on the creation of the Department and its experiences to date.
8. Philadelphia Bike Share
This spring, the City of Philadelphia will launch their new bike share program. Branded as Indego, with sponsorship support from Independence Blue Cross, the program will launch with over 60 stations and 600 bikes, serving an area that stretches from the Delaware River into West Philadelphia and from South Philadelphia to North Philadelphia and Temple University’s main campus. Andrew Stober, Chief of Staff in the Mayor’s Office of Transportation and Utilities, will provide an overview of the new system.
9. Executive Director's Report
- Breaking Ground Conference
- Policy Analysis Committee
- Classic Towns Photo contest
- Recent Report Releases
- Stand Up for Transportation event
- New Jersey TransAction conference
- Staff transitions
10. Committee Reports
- Regional Technical Committee
- Regional Safety Task Force
- Information Resources Exchange Group
- Transportation Operations Task Force
- Regional Aviation Committee
- Draft Minutes of Meeting of February 26, 2015
- Commissioner’s Summary Sheet (Action Items 2a, 2b, 2c, 2d, 2e, 2f, 2g, 3, 4, and 5)