10:30 A.M., October 28, 1999
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
|BOARD FY 2001 WORK PROGRAM|
preceding Board Meeting at 9:30 a.m.
All Board Members and Alternates
are invited to attend.
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIRMAN'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS
1. Minutes of Meeting of September 23, 1999
2. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Amendments
- Amendment 9921 - Bicycle Mobility Improvements(Montgomery County)
- Amendment 9922 - Mast Arm Evaluation and Washington Avenue Signal Corridor (City of Philadelphia)
3. Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on Procedures to Amend and Modify the DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) and State Transportation Improvement Program (STIP) for New Jersey
Staff will present the MOU detailing procedures to amend and modify the New Jersey TIP and STIP crafted by New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT), Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), Member Governments and the other two Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPOs) in New Jersey.
4. Pennsylvania Infrastructure Investment Authority (PENNVEST) Funding Request in Middletown Township, Bucks County
The Township of Middletown, Bucks County has submitted three projects for PENNVEST funding. These projects are all within the Neshaminy Creek watershed and are designed to alleviate current flooding problems.
5. Proposed Amendments to the Tri-County Water Quality Management Plan
- Homestead at Mansfield, Mansfield Township, Burlington County
- Upper Elementary School, Moorestown Township, Burlington County
- School Site and Council On Affordable Housing (C.O.H.A.) Project, Harrison Township, Gloucester County
6. Endorsement of Bridge Bond and Transportation Referendum in New Jersey
NJDOT will present the case for the Bond referendum and the Principles of Agreement for the Local Bridge Initiative.
7. DVRPC Participation in Amicus Brief: Wings Airport Public Funding
Staff will give a report on the status of DVRPC's participation to overturn state law P.S. 2210 as unconstitutional.
8. Regional Citizens Committee (RCC) Report
Dennis Winters, Chairman of the RCC, will report to the Board the activities of the RCC's meeting of October 12, 1999.
9. Development of the DVRPC FY 2001 Work Program
Highlights of the DVRPC Board FY 2001 Work Program Committee meeting of October 28, 1999 will be reported.
10. Route 202 (Section 300) Environmental Clearance Process
Staff has concluded its work in managing the categorical exclusion document preparation to achieve environmental clearance for this section of Route 202. A summary report will be provided.
11. Executive Director's Report
- DVRPC Board Retreat, December 3, 1999 at the Springfield Country Club, Springfield, PA (Delaware County)
- New Jersey Study Commission meeting of October 5, 1999
- NJDOT Long Range Transportation Planning Advisory Commission meeting of October 5, 1999.
- National Association of Regional Councils (NARC) Conference in Baltimore October 5-8, 1999.
- Pennsylvania State Transportation Commission Public Hearings held October 15, 1999.
- New Jersey Planning Partners meeting held October 21, 1999.
12. Delaware Valley Rail Freight Plan
Staff will present a brief overview of the Delaware Valley Rail Freight Plan which provides a foundation for incorporating rail freight considerations into DVRPC's short and long range transportation planning.
13. Getting Older and Getting Around: Aging and Mobility in the Delaware Valley
The number of elderly residents in the Delaware Valley has increased significantly and is expected to increase even more dramatically in the future. Staff will present Getting Older and Getting Around: Aging and Mobility in the Delaware Valley which discusses the implications of aging on mobility; and recommends strategies to improve mobility and enhance the quality of life of the region's elderly.
14. Committee Reports
- Planning Coordinating Committee/Regional Transportation Committee - John B. Claffey
- Regional Citizens Committee - Dennis Winters
- Goods Movement Task Force - John J. Coscia
- Tri-County Water Quality Management Board - Michael Ontko
- Minutes of meeting of September 23, 1999
- Commissioner Summary Sheets (Action Items 2a, 2b, 3, 4, 5a, 5b, 5c, and 6)
- PCC/RTC Recommendations for October 28, 1999
- RCC Recommendations for October 28, 1999
DELAWARE VALLEY REGIONAL PLANNING COMMISSION
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING
|THURSDAY, OCTOBER 28, 1999|
Immediately following Board Meeting
111 South Independence Mall East
Philadelphia, PA 19106-2515
(Please use 4th Street Elevators)
CALL TO ORDER
1. Minutes of Meeting of September 23, 1999
2. Contract Authorization: Year 2000 Aerial Photography and Digital Orthographic Imagery Production
3. FY 2000 Planning Work Program First Quarter Report
- Minutes of Meeting of September 23, 1999
- Commissioner Summary Sheet (Action Item 2)