Central Jersey Transportation Forum
Thursday, September 7, 2017
1:00pm - 3:30pm
The College of New Jersey, Brower Student Center
2000 Pennington Rd
Ewing Township, NJ 08628
1. Welcome & Introductions (5 minutes)
Chair Bill Neary and Mayor Bert Steinmann will open the meeting
2. Forum Business (15 minutes)
- Meeting summary & approval (VOTE)
- Summary of morning strategic planning workshop (Bill Neary / Marsha Coleman)
3. New Brunswick New Developments (20 minutes)
Anna Marie Gewirtz, Senior VP, Chief of External Affairs at State Theatre New Jersey will discuss the redevelopment of the New Brunswick Cultural Center and arts district.
4. NJT-Rutgers Bloustein Transportation Needs Assessment (40 minutes)
Samantha Stagnoli, graduate candidate at the Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy at Rutgers, will present the findings of the Central New Jersey Tri-County Transportation Needs Assessment.
5. Trenton250 plan update (40 minutes)
Jeffrey Wilkerson, Trenton City, will present the Trenton250 Master Plan: a comprehensive plan that provides a long-range vision for the community and the built environment from now to year 2042.
6. Brief Updates & Dialogue (20 minutes)
- NJDOT to provide on Route 1 Alexander Road project update
- NJDOT to provide Route 206 bridge projects update
Francis Guzik, West Windsor Township, will discuss how the Planning Board recommended the Howard Hughes Proposal for Rt 1/Quakerbridge Rd be handled, and will provide an update on the proposal’s current status.