Central Jersey Transportation Forum
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
1:00 - 3:30 PM
LIGHT LUNCH AT NOON
New Jersey Hospital Association
760 Alexander Road
1. Welcome and Introductions
2. Approval of May Meeting Summary
3. Fill Transit Needs on Route 1 Starting Now
a. Update on Route 1 Service, Route 1 BRT, and New Brunswick BRT
b. Other Existing Transit Services and What TMAs Do
c. Urban Transit Hub Tax Credit Act and Possible Amendments
d. Getting Bucks County Residents to Their Route 1 Jobs
4. Relaunch the Route 1 Regional Growth Strategy (R1RGS)
The RT1RGS has been on hiatus, however, NJDOT would like to complete the effort and advance a final set of recommendations that will serve as a specific set of actions in attaining sustainable smart growth objectives in the region.
5. Coordinate Route 1 Planning Efforts
a. Updates on Other Route 1 Efforts and How They Fit Together
b. Route 1 Opportunity in the Celebrate NJ Wayfinding Initiative
6. Highlights from Regional Transportation Plan Visioning Sessions
Information about the NJTPA efforts is available at www.rtp2035.org; especially see the interactive visioning tool link about halfway down the left of the page. Information about the DVRPC efforts is available at www.dvrpc.org/connections.
7. Consider the Future of the Forum
Brief discussion of the future of the Forum
Forum attendees are encouraged to highlight major activities since the last meeting to facilitate the exchange of information.