The DVRPC Board Agenda
Call in Phone number: 1-346-248-7799 Meeting ID: 881 9710 9855 Passcode: 94202892
CALL TO ORDER and CHAIR'S COMMENTS
1. Minutes of Meeting of December 7, 2022
2. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY 2022 TIP for NJ and the FY2023 TIP for PA.
- NJ22-094: Drainage Rehabilitation & Improvements (DB #X154D), Statewide
- NJ22-097: PATCO Interlocking & Track Rehabilitation (DB #DR1501), DRPA/PATCO
- NJ22-098: Rehabilitation of PATCO Bridges (DB #D1912)
- NJ22-099: Electrical Cable Replacement (DB #DR008), DRPA/PATCO
- NJ22-100: Track Drainage Improvements-Cuthbert & Osage (DB #DR15001A), DRPA/PATCO
- NJ22-101: Replacement of Track Ties (DB #DR2301), DRPA/PATCO
- NJ22-102: Embankment Restoration, Drainage Improvements & Retaining Walls Rehabilitation (DB #DR2302), DRPA/PATCO
- PA23-12: US 322: Featherbed Lane to Chelsea Parkway – (Section 102) (MPMS #69817), Delaware County
- PA23-13: Island Avenue Signal Upgrade (MPMS #17697), City of Philadelphia
- PA23-14: Jefferson Station Escalators Flex (MPMS #119415), City of Philadelphia
- PA23-15: Parking Improvements Program (MPMS #60540), SEPTA
- PA23-16: Transit & Regional Rail Station Program (MPMS #77183), SEPTA
- PA23-17: Carbon Reduction Program Line Item, (MPMS #119299), Various Counties
At their December 7, 2022 meeting, the DVRPC Board authorized release of the Draft DVRPC FY24 Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP) for distribution and review, with the public comment period scheduled to run from December 7, 2022 to January 9, 2023. DVRPC staff is in the process of receiving and responding to comments and are working to resolve any open issues. The Board is being asked to adopt the DVRPC FY24 UPWP and correlating TIP amendments, pending the resolution of any outstanding comments and issues. After Board adoption, relevant edits will continue to be incorporated and the final document will be produced and sent to the funding agencies.
DVRPC received a grant from the William Penn Foundation (WPF) in 2020 to initiate The Water Table, a project that brought water resource professionals across sectors (conservation nonprofit, government and water user sectors) together, to build understanding, relationships, trust and alignments. The core partners with DVRPC were Partnership for the Delaware Estuary (PDE), Water Resources Association of the Delaware River Basin (WRADRB) and the Philadelphia Water Department (PWD). For Phase II, DVRPC rotated the project management role to PDE.
Due to the retirement of our current Executive Director, Barry Seymour, the Board and Executive Committee had selected and appointed Ariella Maron as the new Executive Director at the December 7, 2022 Board and Executive Committee meeting. To ensure the transition of authorization and power assigned to the Executive Director as noted in the Board Resolution, we are hereby amending the resolution to replace Barry Seymour’s name with Ariella Maron. The Board resolution amendment would authorize and direct Ariella Maron to negotiate any additional details of the Board approved and adopted Fiscal Year 2023 UPWP with appropriate funding agencies and to prepare and negotiate, execute, and/or delegate the negotiation and execution of any other contracts and grant agreements.
6. One Minute Reports
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
7. Executive Director's Report
- NJ TCDI FY’24 Application Process
- Certification Review Status
- New Releases
- Carbon Reduction Strategy Development
- Safe Streets for All Application
- Staff Transition / Board Meet and Greets
- Next Board Meeting – Intent to have in-person
8. Committee Reports