The DVRPC Board Agenda
Phone number: 1-346-248-7799 Meeting ID: 853 5518 3932 Passcode: 56090229
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
CALL TO ORDER and CHAIR'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA and NON-AGENDA ITEMS
1. Minutes of Meeting of July 28, 2022
2. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY 2022 TIP for NJ.
- NJ22-066: Gloucester County Multi-Purpose Trail Extension - Glassboro Elk Trail (DB #D1203), Gloucester County
- NJ22-067: North Olden Avenue (CR 622), Bridge over Amtrak (DB #17412), Mercer County
- NJ22-068: Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Program (DB #22350), Statewide
- NJ22-069: PROTECT (DB #22353), Statewide
- NJ22-070: Carbon Reduction Program, (DB #22352), Statewide
- NJ22-071: SJ BRT/Avandale Park & Ride (DB #T630), Various
- NJ22-072: Locomotive Overhaul (DB #T53E), Various
- NJ22-073: Preventive Maintenance-Rail (DB #T39), Various
The Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA) is providing additional funds for MPOs' planning initiatives channeled through state DOTs. Staff will present five work program amendments to incorporate a portion of expected funds for this FY:
a. Technical Assistance to Member Governments 23-23-080: Add $150,000 from NJDOT allocated PL funds to assist local governments, especially low resourced communities, with IIJA opportunities.
b. Transportation Improvement Program 23-34-080: Add $100,000 from NJDOT allocated PL funds to coordinate IIJA applicants on match feasibility, provide letters of support for applications, and amend the TIP as per IIJA grants awarded
c. Competitive Program and Project Management 23-52-060: Add $80,000 from NJDOT allocated PL funds to support project sponsors with guidance on federal rules and regulations to facilitate traditional and nontraditional construction projects.
d. NJ Travel Monitoring Equipment and Supplies 23-53-015: Add $60,000 from NJDOT allocated PL funds to a newly created project to support the purchase of bicycle, pedestrian, and vehicular counting equipment and supplies necessary to maintain the count program and keep them in good working order, to support travel monitoring activities in the NJ counties.
e. PA Travel Monitoring 23-53-010: Add $62,500 ($50,000 from new PL funds from the IIJA contingent on allocation of these funds from PennDOT, and $12,500 DVRPC Local Match) to support the purchase of bicycle, pedestrian and vehicular counting supplies to keep the PA equipment in good working order.
State DOTs are required to develop congestion and emissions performance targets for the Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality (CMAQ) program. DVRPC is also required to submit a performance plan that demonstrates the progress towards meeting the targets for the first reporting period (2018-2021) and identifies baseline conditions and targets for the second performance period (2022-2025). Staff will present the findings and seek a recommendation on the CMAQ Performance Plan and Emissions targets.
5. Equity Analyses: DVRPC has a number of initiatives underway to examine and apply equity considerations in our work and allocation of resources. Staff will present on a) Title VI, environmental justice, and equity at DVRPC; b) Title VI and EJ analysis for PA and NJ TIPs; and c) Mobility Choices: Conversations in three Black and Latino communities in the Greater Philadelphia Region.
6. One Minute Reports
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
7. Executive Director's Report
- FY24 Work Program development
- Certification Review
- TCDI Press event
- Safe Streets for All proposal
- Reconnecting Communities proposals
- Proposed GHG Performance Measure
- Carbon Reduction Strategy
- SAFR 20-year anniversary
8. Committee Report
- Regional Technical Committee
- Transportation Operations Task Force