ADMINISTRATIVE ANALYST III (AA III) JOB RECRUITMENT #22-14
SALARY: Mid $60,000s to Mid $70,000s (position level & salary commensurate with education & experience)
CLOSING DATE: When position is filled
AREAS OF CONSIDERATION: All sources
The Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission (DVRPC) is the Philadelphia region’s Metropolitan Planning Organization. We believe DVRPC is a place to work, learn, and create a career in a professional and stimulating environment that values diversity, innovation, and bringing your best self to work. If your background and experience match the following vacancy, we would like to hear from you.
The Finance department oversees all financial matters and contractual agreements, serving as the DVRPC’s central resource for the acquisition of goods, services, and equipment. This position will work on all administrative aspects of procurement and contracts, providing technical assistance and guidance as necessary, while maintaining a customer-service approach to problem-solving. This is interdependent work using knowledge of procurement and contracting concepts, terms, methodologies, and best practices, while operating within DVRPC’s established processes and procedures, and abiding by the applicable Federal, State, and Local rules and regulations that govern the work. The various tasks and responsibilities require high levels of attention to detail and organization during the multiple stages of these processes, as well as maintaining communication lines with DVRPC staff and external partners. Work is assigned, reviewed, and evaluated by the Contracts Manager, while in process or upon completion for quality and adherence to established protocols.
- Review and edit scope of work, specifications, proposal submission requirements, and evaluation criteria as part of the preparation of formal competitive solicitation documents including Request for Proposals (RFP) and Request for Qualifications (RFQ).
- Identify potential vendors, negotiate contracts, and select vendors that offer the best value.
- Coordinate and moderate evaluation committee meetings.
- Review proposal submissions and set up Shared Google Drives.
- Research, analyze, report, and recommend on various cooperative contract opportunities.
- Review and oversee purchasing requisitions and obtain vendor quotes to ensure compliance and timely processing.
- Manage approved requisitions and purchase order documentation, including receipts, and packing slips; and review credit card reconciliation packages.
- Monitor vendor performance and resolve issues and concerns.
- Review existing contracts and track expiration dates.
- Assist with preparation of contracts and grant documents utilizing templates, set up electronic signatures and route contracts through Adobe Sign.
- Maintain accurate contract, solicitation, requisition, subscription and inventory files, records, and databases.
- Monitor vendor/contractor database for compliance with Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) requirements and DVRPC insurance requirements.
- Interact with key stakeholders in identifying needs and provide guidance throughout procurement and purchasing processes.
- Prepare formal letters and oversee procurement email inbox.
- Perform related work as required.
- Thorough knowledge of contract and procurement principles and procedures for informal and formal competitive solicitations, including those related to Request for Proposals (RFP) and Request for Qualifications (RFQ).
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of contract preparation and administration.
- Proficient experience in procuring products and services and understanding of procurement best practices.
- Effective written, oral communication, and time management skills.
- Demonstrates strong detailed-oriented capabilities, organizational, technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in research and writing.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, handle several projects at once, and work independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, Google Suite, and Adobe Acrobat skills.
Experience & Training
A minimum of five years of experience in contracts or procurement; or an equivalent combination of experience and training as may be gained from a four-year college/university.
To learn more about our work culture and benefits, visit our website: www.dvrpc.org/HumanResources/.
DVRPC IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. FULL CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO ALL ELIGIBLE, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITHOUT REGARD TO AGE, ANCESTRY, COLOR, DISABILITY, DOMESTIC OR SEXUAL VIOLENCE VICTIM STATUS, ETHNICITY, FAMILIAL STATUS, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, GENETIC INFORMATION, MARITAL STATUS, MEDICAL CONDITION (INCLUDING PREGNANCY), NATIONAL ORIGIN, RACE, RELIGION, SEX, OR SEXUAL ORIENTATION, MINORITY, DISABLED, & VETERANS CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. NOTE: YOU MUST BE LEGALLY ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE US.
TO APPLY, SEND RESUME / CV WITH COVER LETTER TO HUMAN RESOURCES VIA:
EMAIL: RESUMES@DVRPC.ORG; OR
FAX: 215-592-9125; OR MAIL: 190 N. INDEPENDENCE MALL WEST / 8TH FLOOR / PHILADELPHIA, PA 19106-1520