RESEARCH ANALYST I/II (RA I/II) JOB RECRUITMENT #22-13
SALARY: Low to High $50,000s (position level & salary commensurate with education & experience)
LOCATION: Comprehensive Planning
CLOSING DATE: When position is filled
AREAS OF CONSIDERATION: All sources
The Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission (DVRPC) is the Philadelphia region’s Metropolitan Planning Organization. We believe DVRPC is a place to work, learn, and create a career in a professional and stimulating environment that values diversity, innovation, and bringing your best self to work. If your background and experience match the following vacancy, we would like to hear from you.
The Office of Freight and Clean Transportation at DVRPC seeks a thoughtful and organized planner to contribute to a diverse set of projects and tasks across the Air Quality, Electric Vehicle, and Freight Planning program areas. This position requires a well-rounded and flexible professional interested in the impacts of the transportation and goods movement system on the economic, environmental, and social well-being of the Greater Philadelphia region.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to collect, manage, and analyze data and convey findings through oral, written, and graphic presentations that will be incorporated into reports for DVRPC’s local, state, and federal partners. The candidate must demonstrate a willingness to learn, be attentive to detail, and be comfortable working independently. Work is performed in accordance with professional standards and is subject to technical review by the Manager, Office of Freight and Clean Transportation.
- Assist with planning studies including data collection, technical analyses, communication and engagement with stakeholders, and development of narrative content and visual graphics for final products.
- Become familiar with regulatory and funding programs related to transportation and air quality, ports and goods movement, and electric vehicles with the goal of assuming increasing responsibilities associated with maintaining regulatory compliance across these program areas.
- Assist with meeting coordination, scheduling, and administrative tasks for DVRPC’s freight advisory committee, as well as other committee and project meetings.
- Assist with database maintenance, quality control, and data synthesis to support project research needs.
- Maintain and update DVRPC freight planning data resources such as PhillyFreightFinder. Perform routine web content updates, refresh information, and track usage for the air quality and electric vehicle resource webpages.
- Conduct field views and surveys to collect information on the physical conditions and usage of facilities.
- Represent DVRPC at internal and external meetings.
- Perform related work as required.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and objectives of transportation planning and/or community planning.
- Knowledge of standard statistical techniques and methods of transportation and/or community planning.
- Knowledge and appreciation of the connections between goods movement, air quality, and economic activity.
- Ability to critically assess the quality of research data and apply conclusions to local studies and issues.
- Ability to interpret, or willingness to learn, transportation planning regulations and apply that knowledge to capital projects.
- Experience with graphics programs, word processing, spreadsheet software, and geographic information systems (GIS) and their applications. Ability to create graphics and document layouts to effectively present analysis for reports and presentations.
- Experience with, or willingness to learn, database maintenance and code-based approaches to data management.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with work associates, planning officials, and non-traditional planning partners, and to identify potential programmatic growth areas.
- Ability to assimilate complex technical information and discuss it clearly verbally and in writing.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Experience & Training
To classify as a level RA I, a minimum of one year of professional experience in transportation planning, freight, aviation, land use, community planning, or a related social science, and a Bachelor’s degree are required. To classify as a level RA II, a minimum of three years is required. Such experience may have been gained from a combination of experience and education. A Master’s degree may be substituted for one year of experience.
The Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission (DVRPC) is the Philadelphia region’s Metropolitan Planning Organization. We believe DVRPC is a place to work, learn, and create a career in a professional and stimulating environment that values diversity, innovation, and bringing your best self to work. To learn more about our work culture and benefits, visit our website: www.dvrpc.org/HumanResources/
DVRPC IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. FULL CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO ALL ELIGIBLE, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITHOUT REGARD TO AGE, ANCESTRY, COLOR, DISABILITY, DOMESTIC OR SEXUAL VIOLENCE VICTIM STATUS, ETHNICITY, FAMILIAL STATUS, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, GENETIC INFORMATION, MARITAL STATUS, MEDICAL CONDITION (INCLUDING PREGNANCY), NATIONAL ORIGIN, RACE, RELIGION, SEX, OR SEXUAL ORIENTATION. MINORITY, DISABLED, AND VETERANS CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. NOTE: MUST HAVE PERMANENT RESIDENCY STATUS AND WORKING PAPERS.
TO APPLY, SEND RESUME / CV WITH COVER LETTER TO HUMAN RESOURCES VIA:
EMAIL: RESUMES@DVRPC.ORG; OR
FAX: 215-592-9125; OR
MAIL: 190 N. INDEPENDENCE MALL WEST / 8TH FLOOR / PHILADELPHIA, PA 19106-1520