10:00 a.m. Committee Meeting , June 7, 2005Watch Recording
12:00 Noon Lunch
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order - Chairman''s Comments
2. Transportation Director''s Report
3. Report on Regional Citizens Committee Activities
4. Highlights of the Meeting of May 10, 2005
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. As situations arise, the PCC/RTC is asked to consider changes.
a. TIP Action PA05-32a: I-76 Corridor Transportation System Management Improvements (New Proposed Project, MPMS #62616), Montgomery County
b. TIP Action PA05-32b:York Road, Bridge Street to PA 413)(New Proposed Project, MPMS #72997), Bucks County
c. TIP Action PA05-32c: 52nd Street/Lancaster Avenue Streetscape Enhancements (MPMS #17829), Philadelphia
d. For information purposes, please note that PENNDOT is changing the funding source for several projects from federal to state funding. Please review PENNDOT''s fiscal constraint chart (particularly pages 4, 5, and 6) to see the proposed changes:
MPMS #47395 - US 202 Bypass, Pickertown Rd to PA 611 (Sec. 721)
MPMS #47396 - US 202 Bypass, PA 463 to Pickertown Rd. (Sec. 711)
MPMS #13484 - US 202 Expressway (Sec 700) Env & ITS
MPMS #68662 - US 202 Bypass, Neshaminy-Almshouse Rd.(Sec.72C) MPMS #47392 - Bristol Pike/Route 13, PA 413 to Levittown Parkway
MPMS #13549 - US 1 (Bridges), PA 413 - PA Turnpike
MPMS #14484 - PA 41 Study, Delaware State Line to PA 926
6. Annual Self-Certification of the Regional Transportation Planning Process
Federal regulations require that the Metropolitan Planning Organization self-certify that the Regional Transportation Planning Process is carried out in conformance with applicable federal regulations. Staff will present its recommendation for Board adoption.
7. Recommendation for Adoption of Destination 2030 Long Range Plan
The public comment period for the Draft Destination 2030 Long Range Plan will end June 2. Staff will present their recommended changes for Board approval.
8. Recommendation for Adoption of FY 2006 Transportation Improvement Program for New Jersey
The public comment period for the Draft FY 2006 TIP for NJ will end June 2. Staff and the NJ Subcommittee will present their recommended changes for Board adoption.
9. Recommendation for Adoption of Conformity Determination of the Destination 2030 Long Range Plan and FY 2006 New Jersey TIP
The public comment period for the Draft Conformity Determination of the Destination 2030 Long Range Plan and FY 2006 New Jersey TIP will end June 2, 2005. Staff will present their recommended changes for Board approval.
10. Election of FY 2005 Officers
The PCC/RTC nominating committee will present a slate of candidates for FY 2006 for committee actions.
11. Truck and Bus Travel in the Delaware Valley Region
Matt Gates will present highlights of a DVRPC report that compiles available data from numerous sources to estimate the number of trucks and buses in the region, their trip making patterns, and the magnitude of truck and bus travel in the region, expressed as vehicle-miles of travel.
12. PhillyCarShare: Air Quality and Mobility Impacts of Car Sharing in Philadelphia
Two years into Philadelphia''s car-sharing program, compelling evidence shows the project has yielded reduced VMT, reduced vehicle ownership, improved air quality, and even social change. Tanya Seaman (Executive Director) and Clayton Lane, AICP (Board Chair) will discuss the CMAQ-funded car sharing project and the vision to encourage 100,000 Philadelphians to participate.
13. 2005 Land-Use and Freight Summit
With the assistance of DVRPC and the Delaware Valley Goods Movement Task Force, the National Association of Regional Councils (NARC) will conduct a national summit focusing on the connections between land use and freight from September 7-9. Conference organizers hope to attract a total of 100 top officials from the private and public sectors (note: the event is invitation only).
14. One Minute Reports
PCC/RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies.
15. Old Business and New Business
16. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the PCC/RTC is July 12, 2005.
1. Highlights of the May 10, 2005 RTC Meeting
2. Report on Citizens Committee Activity
3. TIP Actions, June 2005
4. Annual Self-Certification