10:00 a.m., November 9, 2021
1. Call to Order – Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director’s Report
3. Public Comments on Agenda and Non-Agenda Items
4. Highlights of the October 12, 2021 RTC Meeting
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY 2021 TIP for PA.
- PA21-60: US 1, Baltimore Pike Widening (MPMS #14541), Chester County –Add CON and UTL Phases Back into TIP
- PA21-61: Southeast Region Traffic Signal Maintenance 2020 (MPMS #116226), Various Counties – Add New Project to TIP
- PA21-62: PA 309 Connector: Allentown Road to Souderton Pike (HT2) (MPMS #77211), Montgomery County – Low Bid Cost Increase
6. FY 2022 Work Program Amendment
To respond to the needs of member governments and agencies, work program changes and additions are brought to the RTC to permit the timely undertaking of technical activity.
Expanding Access to the Circuit Trails
DVRPC staff will present an amendment to the FY2022 unified planning work program entitled Expanding Access to the Circuit Trails. With funds awarded by the William Penn Foundation, this program will include $1 million for capital grants and $260,000 to support provision of program administration and technical assistance in support of planning, design, and construction of Circuit Trails and supportive infrastructure.
7. Crash Responder Safety Week
The Crash Responder Safety Week (CRSW) initiative, recognizing all traffic incident management (TIM) response communities, will take place this year from November 8 -14, 2021.This week is our opportunity to make a difference individually and jointly for roadway safety during traffic incidents by teaching each other and the motoring public about our common goal and responsibility for safe, quick clearance.
8. Impact of COVID on trips to/from Camden
A comparison of vehicle, transit, bike, and ped trips to and from the Camden CBD before COVID, and during COVID
9. Speed Management Typologies for Philadelphia Arterials
Under guidance from PennDOT and in collaboration with the City of Philadelphia, DVRPC developed typologies for Philadelphia arterials to assist with identifying appropriate speed management treatments. Key factors in establishing the parameters for each typology will be discussed, along with examples of recent applications.
10. TCDI Update
Staff will provide an update on the upcoming FY 2023 TCDI Grant Program.
11. SEPTA Metro Wayfinding Proposal
In September, SEPTA released a series of recommendations to improve wayfinding and navigability on its “rail transit” network for public feedback. The recommendations, which were developed through 18 months of research and public & stakeholder engagement, call for unifying these services – the MFL, BSL, NHSL, and Trolleys – in order to encourage their use as a flexible and dynamic network. The “SEPTA Metro”, as it could be called, will feature new signs, maps, nomenclature, and communications standards to make the system easy to use regardless of ability, language, or familiarity with the system. The project is a key initiative of SEPTA Forward, the agency’s new strategic plan adopted in February 2021. Lex Powers, Strategic Planning Manager, will review the history of the project, discuss the recommendations, and preview next steps.
12. Water Table
The Water Table initiative was funded by the William Penn Foundation with the goal to bring nonprofit conservation organizations, the water-user community, and government agencies together to build relationships and collaborative initiatives for better alignment of efforts, new projects, and possibly new sources of funding. DVRPC staff will report on this 15 month project.
13. One Minute Reports
13. RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies.
14. Old Business and New Business
15. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the RTC is Tuesday, January 11, 2021.