10:00am, February 25, 2016
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIR'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA and NON-AGENDA ITEMS
NOTE: Visitors may view details and leave comments on any Action Item below by clicking on the hyperlinked title.
1. Minutes of Meeting of January 28, 2016
2. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
- PA15-71: I-95 & Aramingo Ave., Adams Ave. Connector (MPMS #17782), City of Philadelphia
- PA15-72: Plank Road/Otts Road/Meyers Road/Seitz Road Intersection Improvements (MPMS #57851), Montgomery County
- PA15-73: Adams Avenue Bridge over Tacony Creek (MPMS #17622), City of Philadelphia
- PA15-74: US 30 Sinkhole (MPMS #104335), Chester County
- PA15-75: SEPTA Bus Purchase Program (MPMS #90512), SEPTA
- NJ16-005: Mercer County Signal Project, CR 533, (DB #D0702), Mercer County
3. Recommendation for Adoption of Addendum to the Conformity Determination of the FY 2015–2018 TIP for Pennsylvania
In December 2015, PennDOT proposed to change the construction schedule of two regionally significant and air quality non-exempt projects in the FY 2015 TIP for Pennsylvania. These projects are MPMS number 57851 “Plank Road Improvements” and MPMS number 17782 “Adams Avenue Connector”. These changes necessitate an addendum to the previously adopted conformity analysis. A public comment period was opened on January 13, 2016 and closed on February 16, 2016. Staff will present the results of the Addendum to the Transportation Conformity Determination and request that the DVRPC Board adopt the findings, pending resolution of any public comments.
4. One Minute Reports
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
5. VISTA 2025 - Chester County’s Economic Development Strategy
Chester County will provide an overview of a unique economic development strategy and process that seeks long term economic health for Chester County through a balance of progress and preservation.
6. Connections 2045: Greater Philadelphia Future Forces
As the first component of the next long-range plan update, DVRPC worked collaboratively with a regional stakeholder expert working group to identify the most significant forces of change for Greater Philadelphia. These forces were analyzed as scenarios to highlight how the region may change over the next 30 years, and the group identified actions to better respond to these forces.
7. Identifying Opportunities to Improve Heavy-Duty-Vehicle Routes Through the City of Chester
The purpose of this study was to provide Chester City with recommendations to improve heavy duty vehicle routes through Chester as a means to reduce congestion; improve safety for drivers, pedestrians and cyclists; and enhance air quality. This project relied on a local working group to help identify issues related to truck routes in the city; identifying conflict points with existing truck routes; identifying alternative routes; and lastly, reviewing a range of strategies and tools that can be implemented successfully to ensure that freight movements have a positive relationship with the surrounding community and land uses.
8. Executive Director's Report
- Creation of DVRPC Local Subsidiary
- Staff Promotions and Reorganization
- DVRPC Shared Values
- Website Redesign
- New Releases
- Upcoming Committee or Task Force meetings
- Highlights from NARC meeting
9. Committee Reports
- Regional Technical Committee
- Transportation Operations Task Force
- Public Participation Task Force
- Central Jersey Transportation Forum
- Draft Minutes of Meeting of January 28, 2016
- Commissioner’s Summary Sheets (Action Items 2 and 3)