Safe Routes to Transit
This technical assistance program matches eligible municipalities and counties with DVRPC staff to navigate the often-complex process of designing and funding pedestrian and bicycle improvements around rail stations.
2018/2019 Safe Routes to Transit Technical Assistance is awarded!
DVRPC is pleased to announce its Safe Routes to Transit (SRTT) technical assistance recipients for 2019. Thank you to all who applied.
The following stations will be the focus of planning work aimed at improving pedestrian and bicyclists' access to stations:
- Hatboro Station along SEPTA's Warminster Line (Borough of Hatboro, Montgomery County, PA)
- Woodbourne Station along SEPTA's West Trenton Line (Township of Middletown, Bucks County, PA)
- West Trenton along SEPTA's West Trenton Line (Ewing Township, Mercer County, NJ)
This year we are also introducing a new opportunity for applicants that will expand DVRPC's assistance to more municipalities. Those applicants who were not selected for a full SRTT project are invited to join DVRPC subject matter experts, as well as DOT and transit agency staff as appropriate, for a strategic planning session to discuss possible next steps for their stations. The following stations are invited to this strategic session:
- Media (Upper Providence Township, Delaware)
- Jenkintown (Jenkintown Borough, Montgomery)
- Wallingford (Nether Providence Township, Delaware)
- Moylan-Rose Valley (Nether Providence Township, Delaware)
- North Wales (North Wales Borough, Montgomery)
- Millbourne (Millbourne Borough, Delaware)
- Philmont (Lower Moreland Township, Montgomery)
- Lansdowne (Lansdowne Borough, Delaware)