Transportation and Community Development Initiative (TCDI)
The Transportation and Community Development Initiative (TCDI) is a grant opportunity that supports smart growth initiatives that implement the Connections 2050 Plan for Greater Philadelphia. TCDI focuses on linking land use and transportation planning by:
- Improving the overall character and quality of life;
- Enhancing the existing transportation infrastructure capacity;
- Promoting and encouraging the use of transit, bike, and pedestrian transportation modes;
- Building capacity in our older suburbs and neighborhoods;
- Reinforcing and implementing improvements in designated Centers; and
- Protecting our environment.
FY 2024 New Jersey Round
The FY24 NJ TCDI grant round is now open for eligible New Jersey entities only. DVRPC will be accepting applications from February 16 – April 28, 2023. Apply Here.
Please review the TCDI Program Guidelines for details regarding the FY24 round.
The next Pennsylvania TCDI Program will be offered in February 2024.
INVESTING IN A REGION
to award amount
Previous TCDI Projects
Older TCDI Projects Archive
Consultant Prequalification Requirement
Starting July 1, 2022, DVRPC will require that all consultants meet a set of qualifications in order to perform work funded through the TCDI grant program on behalf of project sponsors.
Qualifications must be submitted through the DVRPC Consultant Qualifications System, and will be reviewed on a rolling basis going forward. A list of consultants prequalified by DVRPC can be found here.