Product Search Result
Montgomery County PA Turnpike Interchange Report
Product No.: 18036
Date Published: 5/2021
If you would like to request a printed copy (or copies) of this product, please call DVRPC at 215-592-1800 or email the staff contact listed below. If you would like to request this publication or portion of this publication in another language or format, please fill out a request form.
Geographic Area Covered: Montgomery County
Abstract: This study evaluates three proposed new or completed Pennsylvania Turnpike interchanges. The three proposed interchanges are divided into two study areas based on location. The proposed new interchange at Welsh Road and proposed completed Virginia Drive interchange were studied independently of the proposed new interchange at Henderson Road. The main goals of the evaluations were to inform the public and local decision makers of the likely impacts of the new interchanges on the local roadway network and to identify additional roadway improvements to mitigate negative impacts. The project team used regional and localized traffic modeling to simulate existing conditions and forecast future scenarios. There were four total scenarios compared during the AM and PM peak hours: 2019 Existing Conditions, 2045 No Build Scenario, 2045 Build Scenario, and 2045 Build + Improvements.
Key Words: Henderson Road, Interchange, Montgomery County, PA Turnpike, Virginia Drive, Welsh Road
- Alison M. Hastings PP, AICP Associate Director, Communications and Engagement
- Benjamin J Loeb Senior Transportation Engineer
- Camden Palvino Transportation Engineer
- Gregory R. Krykewycz PP, AICP Associate Director, Multimodal Planning
- Kelsey McElduff Transportation Engineer
- Matthew T. Gates Manager, Office of Travel Trends and Forecasts
- Sarah K Moran Manager, Office of Mobility Analysis and Design
- Stephanie Cavacini Senior Graphic Designer
DVRPC’s publications or portions of publications can be translated in alternative languages and formats if requested. To request translation, please fill out the form below and click submit. You can also contact DVRPC’s Office of Communications & Engagement at 215-592-1800 or email@example.com.