The DVRPC Board
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
CALL TO ORDER and CHAIR'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA and NON-AGENDA ITEMS
1. Minutes of Meeting of June 27, 2019
2. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
- PA19-72: I-95: Pavement Preservation Northbound (MPMS #92581), Delaware County
- PA19-73: Valley Forge Granite Block Restoration (MPMS #110884), Montgomery County
- PA19-74: Statewide Multimodal Transportation Fund Projects (Various MPMS #s), Various Counties
- NJ18-089: Route 295/42, Missing Moves, Bellmawr (DB #355A), Camden and Gloucester Counties
DVRPC will present two trail projects approved for funding by the Pennsylvania Regional Trails Program Committee. Funds will come from Round 3 of the Regional Trails Program, capitalized by the William Penn Foundation.
Staff has been working with a subcommittee of the Regional Technical Committee to update criteria for evaluating new project candidates that would be added to either the PA or NJ Transportation Improvement Programs (TIP) or to the DVRPC Long Range Plan. After a year of discussion and a recent weighting exercise, staff are presenting the proposed criteria for recommendation for approval to the DVRPC Board. The proposed universal benefit criteria allow the same criteria to address both highway and transit funded projects, and can be used in both states in the DVRPC region. The benefit criteria analysis is only one consideration in ultimate project selection.
Staff requests authorization to open a public comment period to gather public and agency comments on the Draft FY 2019 Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS), Growing Greater Philadelphia. Staff also requests authorization to publish the draft document on the internet.
6. Building Resilience to the Impacts of Climate Change in Greater Philadelphia
This presentation will highlight DVRPC's recent efforts to build resilience to the impacts of climate change including municipal coastal vulnerability assessments in New Jersey, a scenario-driven Story Map designed to help communities in the Coastal Zone build their capacity to plan for and respond to increased future flooding, and a broad assessment of the latest resiliency tools and planning techniques that could be utilized by Greater Philadelphia communities to better plan for the impacts of climate change and extreme weather events.
7. One Minute Reports
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
8. Executive Director's Report
- Board Retreat
- Metro Caucus
- Non-Profits update
- New Releases
9. Committee Reports
(1) Regional Technical Committee
(2) Regional Aviation Committee
(3) Central Jersey Transportation Forum
(4) Regional Safety Task Force/Futures Group
(5) Delaware Valley Goods Movement Task Force