The DVRPC Board
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
CALL TO ORDER and CHAIR'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA and NON-AGENDA ITEMS
1. Minutes of Meeting of June 28, 2018
2. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
- PA17-100: 2018 and 2019 District-Wide High Friction Surface Treatments and Pavement Markings, (MPMS #s 111063 and 111065), Various Counties
- PA17-101: District-Wide Roundabout Program, (MPMS #s 110963, 110958, 110961, 111021, and 111024), Various Counties
- NJ18-032: Route 206, South Broad Street Bridge over Assunpink Creek, (DB #L064), Mercer County
DVRPC’s Records Policy was last updated and adopted by the Board in March 2014. In 2017, the Executive Committee of the DVRPC Board asked staff and co-counsel to re-examine the policy. Based on that research and co-counsel review, the proposed policy includes clearer language about requesting information, is more specific about exemptions, and has a timeline for responses. Staff will present the proposed policy and comments received during the public comment period.
4. Mercer at Play
Mercer at Play is a County grant program to make funds available to every municipality for the construction of new active recreational facilities for all ages. The County began this program 12 years ago and is currently in the second round of funding. In each funding round, there is $500,000 available per township and $300,000 available per borough. The boroughs can increase their grant to $500,000 if they partner with a neighboring township.
5. Philadelphia International Airport Update
Staff from the Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) will present on a recently acquired adjacent 135-acre tract located to the immediate west of the airport where they are pursuing expedited development of approximately 1 million square feet of cargo handling facilities which will offer significant value to the regional economy and capacity to the transportation infrastructure.
6. Municipal Management in a Changing Climate
DVRPC staff will present a brief overview of the Municipal Implementation Tool (MIT): Municipal Management in a Changing Climate. The brochure summarizes historic and projected changes in the region's climate, the impacts those changes are expected to have on municipal operations, and how municipalities can prepare themselves for these impacts.
7. One Minute Reports
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
8. Executive Director's Report
- TCDI Press Event
- Future Forces: Smart Cities event
- Camden Road to Health Workshop
- Pittsburgh and Philadelphia Peer Exchange
- PA and NJ non-profits status report
- Board Retreat
- Certification Review
9. Committee Reports
(1) Regional Technical Committee
(2) Regional Aviation Committee
(3) Public Participation Task Force