The DVRPC Board
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
CALL TO ORDER and CHAIR'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA and NON-AGENDA ITEMS
1. Minutes of Meeting of May 24, 2018
2. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
- NJ18-030: NJ TRANSIT River LINE Tier 4 Engine Retrofit Project, (DB #T701), Various Counties
- PA17-93: SEPTA Bus Purchase Program, (MPMS #90512), Various Counties
- PA17-94: City of Philadelphia Act 13 Bridge: Pine Road Bridge over SEPTA, (MPMS #17521), City of Philadelphia
- PA17-95: PA 452, Market Street Bridge Over Northeast Corridor, (MPMS #15406), Delaware County
- PA17-96: Route 1 Improvement Frontage Corridor (Section RC3), (MPMS #93446), Bucks County
- PA17-97: Cherokee Street Bridge over Valley Green Road, (MPMS #111515), City of Philadelphia
DVRPC solicited applications for the FY 2019 Transportation and Community Development Initiative (TCDI) grant program in March 2018. Staff will present the application and review process and recommend projects for funding.
DVRPC is demonstrating conformity for the Connections 2045 Long-Range Plan (Plan) and the FY 2019 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for Pennsylvania. This demonstration is necessitated by a new FY 2019 TIP for Pennsylvania. A public comment period was held from May 10, 2018 to June 11, 2018. A public meeting was held on May 24, 2018. Staff will present the results of the Transportation Conformity Determination and request that the DVRPC Board adopt the conformity findings.
Federal law and planning regulations require the development of a Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) in order for the metropolitan region to be eligible to receive and spend federal transportation funds. The creation of the TIP is to be done by the MPO in cooperation with the state and transit operators, and must provide opportunity for input and comment by the public. A 30-day comment period must be conducted prior to a formal action to adopt the TIP. For the Draft DVRPC FY2019 TIP for PA, staff will present an overview of the program, comments received during the public comment period, any recommended changes, an update to the MOU for Procedures on Amending and Modifying the TIP, and will ask the Board to approve final adoption.
Federal regulations require that Metropolitan Planning Organizations self- certify that the Regional Transportation Planning Process is carried out in conformance with applicable federal regulations. Staff will request Board approval.
7. Election of Fiscal Year 2019 Board Officers
Elections will take place for the Fiscal Year 2019 DVRPC Board Officers, based on the recommendations from the Nominating Committee. At this time nominations may also be taken from the floor.
8. Planning for Healthy Communities
DVRPC first convened the Healthy Communities Task Force in 2014 to bring together public health, planning and related professionals in the Greater Philadelphia region. Healthy communities planning recognizes that the way we design and build our communities can affect our physical and mental health. Staff will provide an update on the Task Force’s activities and findings to date.
9. One Minute Reports
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
10. Executive Director's Report
Southeast Partnership for Mobility
- Mid-Atlantic Roundtable
- Eastern PA Freight Summit
- FHWA National Dialogue on Highway Automation
- TCDI Press Event
- Future Forces: Smart Cities Event
- FY2020 Work Program
- Board Retreat
- Certification Review
11. Committee Reports
- Regional Technical Committee
- Regional Safety Task Force
- Information Resources Exchange Group
- Transportation Operations Task Force