The DVRPC Board
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
CALL TO ORDER and CHAIR'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA and NON-AGENDA ITEMS
1. Minutes of Meeting of January 25, 2018
2. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
- PA17-77: I-95: Allegheny Avenue Interchange Advance Contract (AFI), (MPMS #79911), City of Philadelphia
- PA17-78: Baxter Trail/Delaware Waterfront Mitigation Improvements (MPMS #110644), City of Philadelphia
The King of Prussia rail project would extend the Norristown High-Speed Line to the King of Prussia area, serving residential, commercial, employment and tourist destinations. SEPTA has conducted a detailed Environmental Impact Statement and adopted a Locally-Preferred Alternative design for the project. The DVRPC Board is being asked to endorse this Locally-Preferred Alternative.
In Year Two of what is anticipated to be a multi-year project, DVRPC will continue to work with municipalities in the Delaware Estuary Coastal Zone (DECZ) to build capacity in assessing climate vulnerability and planning for climate adaptation and resiliency. We will continue to provide municipalities with tailored information, including mapping, and will use the lessons learned in year one to engage with DECZ additional municipalities.
5. Bike Share
The City of Philadelphia has instituted an extensive bike share program known as Indego, with a network of docks and bicycles throughout the city. This presentation will describe the current program, and potential new directions to expand bike sharing.
6. Enhancing Travel and Tourism Infrastructure
Tourism is a major component of our regional economy. To further understand the economic impact of tourism and to ensure equitable and efficient transportation access to tourist destinations, DVRPC has recently completed a data analysis and is undertaking a planning study to improve tourism and travel infrastructure.
7. One Minute Reports
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
8. Executive Director's Report
- TCDI Program schedule
- Climate Adaptation Forum
- Connections 2045 video
- Breaking Ground Conference
- New Releases
9. Committee Reports
- Regional Technical Committee
- Healthy Communities Task Force
- Regional Aviation Committee