The DVRPC Board
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIR'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA and NON-AGENDA ITEMS
1. Minutes of Meeting of April 27, 2017
2. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
- PA17-37: I-95, Columbia Avenue to Ann Street (GR1), (MPMS #79686), City of Philadelphia
- PA17-38: Holme Avenue over Wooden Bridge Run, (MPMS #107508), City of Philadelphia
- PA17-39: River Road at Golden Pheasant over Delaware Canal, (MPMS #86244), Bucks County
- NJ16-126: CR 555 (Main Road), Cumberland County line to Route 40 (Harding Highway), (DB #D1711), Gloucester County
- NJ16-127: Berlin Road (CR 702), Linden Avenue to Gibbsboro Road, (DB #D1712), Camden County
- NJ16-128: Arney's Mount Trail, Phase 1, (DB # D1713), Burlington County
This project will enable DVRPC to provide traffic forecasts to PennDOT and their consultants to support a feasibility study of relocating the I-76 Eastbound off-ramp to 30th Street and Arch Street and provide two-way traffic circulation around 30th Street Station.
Two technical edits will remove facilities from the Federal Functional Classification System. The French Creek Parkway in Phoenixville Borough was added to the system in anticipation of its construction, but is no longer an active project. Also, Evans Road in Montgomery Township is no longer a township maintained road and is closed to through traffic.
The PA TMA Policy Committee is re-examining TMA and MAP Contractor work program tasks, performance measures and funding given the lack of change in core CMAQ funding for over ten years. This process is taking place over the next six months to propose adjustments for the next two-year, FY19-20 work programs. To recognize the more immediate need, a one-year interim solution for FY18 only is proposed for approval - $170,000 in CMAQ funds allocated as: $26,000 to each of the five suburban TMAs; $11,500 to CPTMA, $12,000 to SEPTA's MAP program, and $16,500 to Clean Air Council's MAP program. Receipt of up to these amounts of CMAQ funding is relative to each entity's ability to provide the 20% local match.
6. Nominating Committee Report: Proposed Candidates for Fiscal Year 2018 DVRPC Board Officers
The Nominating Committee will report their recommended slate of officers to serve on the DVRPC Board for Fiscal Year 2018 (July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018). Nominations may also be made from the floor. Elections will take place at the regular June Board Meeting.
7. Philadelphia Delivery Handbook
Driven by e-commerce and consumer patterns, growth in freight deliveries in downtowns is a growing topic of concern. This handbook lays the groundwork for fostering a delivery-friendly city, one where deliveries are executed in ways that are equally as conducive and sensitive to business interests as they are to individual communities.
8. Networking Transportation
Connections 2045 sets a vision to use digital technologies and innovation to seamlessly network regional transportation. Doing so will provide more options in how to get around, reduce transportation costs, and more efficiently move people and goods with existing infrastructure. This report identifies key digital transportation technologies, emerging private service transportation providers, four scenarios investigating the future of shared mobility, and outlines infrastructure, institutional, and regulatory recommendations to achieve the vision.
9. One Minute Reports
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
10. Executive Director's Report
- DVRPC Non-Profit Subsidiaries
- Roosevelt Boulevard lawsuit
- Draft TIP, Plan and Conformity status
- Board Retreat 2017
- GVF Award
- Regional Livable Communities Forum
- NYMTC Peer Review
- Classic Towns Trolley Tour
- Upcoming Committee or Task Force meetings
- New Releases
11. Committee Reports
- Regional Technical Committee
- Regional Safety Task Force
- Central Jersey Transportation Forum