The DVRPC Board
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIR'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA and NON-AGENDA ITEMS
1. Minutes of Meeting of March 23, 2017
2. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
- PA17-33: Woodland Avenue over SEPTA, City of Philadelphia, (MPMS #98232)
- PA17-34: PA 663 Traffic Study, I-476 to PA 309, (MPMS #108907), Bucks County
- PA17-35: PennDOT Multimodal Transportation Fund Projects (2016), (Various MPMS #s), Various Counties
Amend the By-Laws of the Commission and Executive Committee to establish procedures in the event that a Board or Executive Committee meeting must be cancelled due to inclement weather or any other circumstance, and action is deemed essential to carry out the immediate business of the Commission.
A Nominating Committee will be selected to appoint candidates for Board Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary, and Treasurer for Fiscal Year 2018 (July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018). The Chair for FY 2018 must be from New Jersey. The committee will report these candidates at the May Board Meeting and elections will take place at the June Board Meeting.
5. VW Settlement Funding
In October 2016, the U.S. government agreed to a $14.7 billion settlement against Volkswagen (VW) for equipping more than 500,000 of its diesel vehicles with emissions testing “cheat” devices. Pennsylvania and New Jersey have been allocated over $166 million in funds to replace diesel vehicles to mitigate the air pollution emitted from VW vehicles that violated emission testing rules. Staff will review the framework of the VW settlement, identify project types that are eligible to access these mitigation funds, and review the timeline and potential strategies to apply for funds for the Greater Philadelphia Region.
6. 2015 Travel Trends Report
This report assesses trends in auto vehicle trips and transit passenger trips in the Delaware Valley region. Data collected in 2015 is compared to the years 2000, 2005, and 2010.
7. One Minute Reports
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
8. Executive Director's Report
- NARC Transportation Policy Letter
- NJ TransAction Conference
- Fleets for the Future workshop
- Regional Streetlight Procurement Program
- GVF Award
- The Self-Navigating Region
- Classic Towns Trolley Tour
- Board Retreat 2017
- New Releases and other meetings
9. Committee Reports
- Regional Technical Committee
- Public Participation Task Force
- Delaware Valley Goods Movement Task Force
- Regional Community and Economic Development Forum