The DVRPC Board
The Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel
480 North Gulph Road
King of Prussia, PA 19406
NOTE PLACE AND TIME CHANGE OF MEETING
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIR'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA and NON-AGENDA ITEMS
1. Minutes of Meeting of October 27, 2016
2. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
- PA17-05: Transit and Regional Rail Station Program, (MPMS #77183), SEPTA
- PA17-06: South Philadelphia Access Road (PRPA Access Project), (MPMS #74841), City of Philadelphia
- NJ16-068: Route 295/42/I-76, Direct Connection, Contract 4, (DB# 355E)
- NJ16-057: Pavement Preservation, (DB# X51), Statewide
- PA17-07: Allegheny Avenue Safety Improvements, MPMS #85417, City of Philadelphia
3. Fiscal Year 2017 Planning Work Program Amendments
Staff requests an amendment to the work program to accept state HSIP funding to expand the work that is currently proposed as part of the NJ Regional Curve Inventory and Assessment to also cover the SJTPO region.
DVRPC staff has applied for U.S. EPA funding to host a one-day Mid-Atlantic Port Sustainability Workshop. Topics for presentation and discussion will address sources of funding for port projects, environmental mitigation best practices, improving air quality and climate change. The workshop will support EPA’s strategic plan goal of “Addressing Climate Change and Improving Air Quality” and will also support EPA’s Cross-Agency Strategies of: 1) working to make a visible difference in communities and 2) strengthening partnerships with states and local governments through consultation, collaboration and shared accountability.
SolSmart is a national recognition and a no-cost technical assistance program managed by The Solar Foundation and funded through the U.S. Department of Energy’s SunShot Initiative. SolSmart provides free hands-on technical assistance to local governments who wish to achieve “SolSmart designation”. DVRPC has been competitively selected to provide technical assistance to six or more municipalities in Southeastern Pennsylvania that formally commit to achieving designation under the SolSmart Program. DVRPC staff will receive intensive training from The Solar Foundation and will provide the technical assistance.
DVRPC was recently awarded a $50,000 grant from the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection’s Coastal Resources Management (CRM) program to build municipal capacity in assessing climate vulnerability and planning for climate adaptation and resiliency.
Authorization is being sought to distribute for review and comment the Draft Fiscal Year 2018 Planning Work Program.
5. One Minute Reports
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
6. Executive Director's Report
- Review of Retreat
- Impacts of the election
- Building on our Strengths Event
- LRP Workshop
- FHWA FASTLANE program
- TRID program revisions
- FY18 Work Program
- Upcoming events and new releases
7. Committee Reports
- Regional Technical Committee
- Healthy Communities Task Force
- Draft Minutes of Meeting of October 27, 2016
- Commissioner’s Summary Sheet (Action Items 2a, 2b, 2c, 2d, 2e, 3a, 3b, 3c, and 4).