The DVRPC Board
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIR'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA and NON-AGENDA ITEMS
1. Minutes of Meeting of September 22, 2016
2. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
- NJ16-054: Planning and Research, Federal-Aid, (DB# X30), Statewide
- PA17-01: 15th Street Bridge over the Callowhill Cut (Act 13 Bridge), (MPMS # TBD), City of Philadelphia
- PA17-02: Chestnut Street Bridges, Ramps, (8) at 30th Street, (MPMS #17816), City of Philadelphia
- PA17-03: Funds Obligated Under FY2015 TIP, (Various MPMS #s), Various Counties
DVRPC will present a $14, 640 grant award from the Regional Trails Program to Chester City for surveying and permitting for the Crozer Park segment of the Chester Creek Trail.
DVRPC Staff will present the outcomes of the Equity Through Access project, including the new plan’s priority ‘gaps and bridges’ that were developed through an iterative outreach process. The action proposed will be for the Board to accept these priorities as an update to the regional Coordinated Plan.
As a part of the Commission’s long-range planning activities, DVRPC is required to maintain population and employment forecasts with at least a 20-year horizon, or to the horizon year of the long-range plan. Population forecasts in five-year increments through 2045 were adopted by the DVRPC Board on July 28, 2016. In recent months, DVRPC staff has worked collaboratively with county planning staffs to correct the updated 2010 and 2013 NETS data (acquired in March 2016), estimate 2015 employment at the municipal level, and develop 2045 employment forecasts. Staff will present the 2045 employment forecasts, and request that the DVRPC Board adopt the forecasts in five-year increments through 2045, as presented.
6. One Minute Reports
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
7. I-76 Corridor Comprehensive Transportation Management Plan
PennDOT is planning a long-range comprehensive, multi-modal transportation management plan to enhance travel along the I-76 (Schuylkill Expressway) corridor between King of Prussia and Philadelphia, to include the first use of Active Traffic Management technologies, hard shoulder running, expansion of public transit service, modernization of traffic signal systems and potential trail improvements.
8. Executive Director's Report
- Board Meeting Dates for Calendar Year 2017
- Work Program Committee Meeting
- USDOT MPO Consolidation Proposal
- PennDOT Connects Planning Collaboration Policy
- DVRPC Building on our Strengths event
- DVSGA Smart Growth event
- Board Retreat Mega-Event
- New Releases
9. Committee Reports
- Regional Technical Committee
- Regional Safety Task Force
- Delaware Valley Goods Movement Task Force
- Public Participation Task Force
- Draft Minutes of Meeting of September 22, 2016
- Commissioner’s Summary Sheets (Action Items 2, 3, 4, and 5)