The DVRPC Board
Coffee and a light lunch will be provided following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIR'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA and NON-AGENDA ITEMS
NOTE: Visitors may view details and leave comments on any Action Item below by clicking on the hyperlinked title.
1. Minutes of Meeting of April 28, 2016
2. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
- PA15-84: Downingtown Train Station Rehabilitation, (MPMS #93586), PennDOT, Chester County
- NJ16-030: Gloucester County Multi-Purpose Trail Extension - Glassboro Elk Trail, (DB #D1203), Gloucester County
- NJ16-034: Streetscape Improvements along Clements Bridge Road (NJ 41), Phase 4, (DB #1603), Camden County
This proposed action is to award grants to 1) the Philadelphia Department of Parks and Recreation to reconstruct the Martin Luther King Drive multi-use trail and 2) Delaware County to design and engineer Phase II of the Chester Creek Trail. Both grant awards were developed in conjunction with their respective county sponsors and received support from the PA County Circuit Working Group. Funding will be provided through DVRPC’s William Penn Foundation-funded Regional Trails Program.
4. Nominating Committee Report: Proposed Candidates for Fiscal Year 2017 DVRPC Board Officers
The Nominating Committee will report their recommended slate of officers to serve on the DVRPC Board for Fiscal Year 2017 (July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2017). Nominations may also be made from the floor. Elections will take place at the regular June Board Meeting.
5. One Minute Reports
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
6. SEPTA King of Prussia Rail Project
SEPTA will present an update on the King of Prussia Rail Project, a planned extension of the Norristown High Speed Line to King of Prussia. The project recently held a series of public meetings to announce a recommended Locally Preferred Alternative for the project. SEPTA is expected to release the Draft Environmental Impact Statement later this year.
7. Rating the Region
The Rating the Region report provides a benchmark for the Greater Philadelphia region to compare itself against the 25 largest metropolitan areas in the country on a variety of indicators. The report highlights regional strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats, and staff will present key findings from the draft report.
8. Executive Director's Report
- Board Policy Analysis Committee meeting
- Long Range Plan public workshops
- Board values, concerns and vision
- Draft TIP, Plan and Conformity public meeting
- Performance Measures
- Upcoming Committee or Task Force meetings
- New Releases
9. Committee Reports
- Regional Technical Committee
- Public Participation Task Force
- Draft Minutes of Meeting of April 28, 2016
- Commissioner’s Summary Sheets (Action Items 2, and 3)