The DVRPC Board
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIRMAN'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS
1. Minutes of Meeting of September 25, 1997
2. FY 1997-2001 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Amendments
a. Amendment 9731 - Montgomery County Bridges
b. Amendment 9732 - SEPTA Act 3 State Funded Projects
c. Amendment 9733 - SEPTA Vehicle Maintenance
3. FY 1998 Planning Work Program Amendment: Institutional Coordination Study for Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) Deployment in the Delaware Valley
PennDOT has requested DVRPC to assist in enhancing the Intellegent Transportation System (ITS) for the Delaware Valley. This effort will assure the coordinated implementation of information flow and the application of technical solutions.
4. Pennsylvania Infrastructure Investment Authority (PENNVEST) Funding Request in Delaware County
PENNVEST has forwarded two applications to DVRPC for review for consistency with the regional plan. Each of the projects would improve conditions in areas now developed and identified as future growth areas in DVRPC's DIRECTION 2020Plan.
5. Update of the New Jersey Reexamination Report and Preliminary Development and Redevelopment Plan and the Cross-Acceptance Process
Herb Simmens, Director, State of New Jersey Office of State Planning, will present a summary of the Reexamination Report and Preliminary Plan and discuss the cross-acceptance process and the Commission's involvement.
6. How Do We Get There? ... Improving Access for Tourists and Visitors
Staff will present a draft report entitled: "How Do We Get There?... Improving Access for Tourists and Visitors" which considers the economic impacts of tourism and travel in the Delaware Valley and presents strategies for improving mobility for tourists.
7. Pennsylvania FY 1997 TIP Performance
The DVRPC region was provided an obligation target for FY 1997 of 29% of federal transportation funds which ends on October 1, 1997. PennDOT will report on its performance in meeting that target.
8. New Standards for Ozone and Fine Particulate Matter
EPA has adopted new, more stringent standards for ozone and particulate matter of less than 2.5 microns. EPA is also circulating an implementation plan for transitioning to the new standards. Staff will brief the Board on the significance of these changes to transportation planning.
9. Executive Director's Report
a. Intelligent Transportation Systems Forum held at DVRPC on October 8, 1997
b. The National Freight Summit: One System, Many Partners, November 17-19, 1997, Doubletree Hotel in Philadelphia
c. Board Retreat scheduled for
Monday, December 8, 1997 at the Union League in Philadelphia
10. Committee Reports
a. DVRPC FY 1999 Work Program Committee - R. Ware
b. Planning Coordinating Committee/Regional Transportation Committee - J. Claffey
c. Regional Citizens Committee - D. Winters
11. Conrail Merger Testimony
At its September 25, 1997 meeting, the Board revised and approved the Testimony for filing to the STB on the Norfolk Southern, CSX, Conrail Merger. The Board requested the Testimony be distributed to them with the revisions (copy attached).
(1) Minutes of Meeting of September 25, 1997
(2) Commissioner Summary Sheets (Action Items 2a, 2b, 2c and 3)
(3) PCC/RTC Recommendations for October 23, 1997
(4) RCC Recommendations for October 23, 1997
(5) Revised Testimony Regarding the Norfolk Southern, CSX, Conrail Merger