The DVRPC Board
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIR'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA and NON-AGENDA ITEMS
1. Minutes of Meeting of May 22, 2014
2. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
- PA13-80: High Friction Surfaces, (MPMS #102572), Various Counties
- PA13-81: I-476, Mid County Expressway Roadway Reconstruction, (MPMS #80479), Montgomery County
- PA13-82: Approval of Six Resurfacing Projects, (Various MPMS#s), Various Counties
- PA13-83: Bucks County Act 13 Local Bridges, (Various MPMS#s), Bucks County
- PA13-86: PA 422, Resurfacing (PM2), (MPMS #86924), Montgomery County
This document provides the general parameters of the exchange of federal MPO and state Transportation Trust Funds among New Jersey agencies. The Program Exchange for DVRPC entails exchanging State TTF funds for DVRPC STP-STU federal funds and will be in effect for federal and state fiscal years 2015 through 2018.
4. Fiscal Year 2015 Planning Work Program Amendment
a. Pennsylvania Coastal Zone Management Implementation Program and City of Philadelphia Municipal Parking Lot Green Stormwater Infrastructure Study
DVRPC will collect and analyze data to guide potential green stormwater infrastructure improvements on Philadelphia municipal parking lots. Staff is proposing an amendment to the FY2015 Planning Work Program by transferring this project and its budget of $50,000 in Comprehensive Planning funds already programmed under Environmental Planning (#15-44-070) to the PA Coastal Zone Management Implementation Program (#15-44-180).
b. Center City Bridges Reconstruction Analysis
DVRPC will conduct travel forecasts for the Center City bridges reconstruction work planned starting in December 2014 and extending through 2018. The analysis will provide inputs to City traffic management and SEPTA detour planning during the reconstruction.
c. New Jersey Local Concept Development
The purpose of this program is to provide federal funds directly to member subregions for the advancement of projects through the Concept Development (CD) phase. The CD Phase involves drafting a well-defined and well justified Purpose and Need Statement focusing on the primary transportation need to be addressed. This amendment will increase the amount of funding available for this program.
The PA TAP subcommittee developed selection criteria and used Decision Lens software to guide the selection process for regional and statewide projects. The committee reviewed 48 applications and selected regional projects using $7.5 M in available funds. The committee also selected projects to recommend to PennDOT Central Office for statewide funding as part of PennDOT's statewide competition for TAP.
Federal regulations require that the Metropolitan Planning Organization self-certify that the Regional Transportation Planning Process is carried out in conformance with applicable federal regulations. Staff will present its recommendation for Board adoption.
7. Election of Fiscal Year 2015 Board Officers
Elections will take place for the Fiscal Year 2015 DVRPC Board Officers. At this time nominations may be taken from the floor.
Final Policy Guidance recently issued by FHWA and FTA provide alternative approaches regarding the MAP-21 provision of transit agency representation on MPO Boards. Staff will present the guidance, and discuss the alternative approaches that the Board may consider.
9. One Minute Reports
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
10. Draft Regional Airport System Plan
The 2040 Regional Airport System Plan (RASP) provides an update to the 2035 RASP on aircraft and traffic count data, population, employment, operational and capacity forecasts and recommendations to 2040. In addition, the report provides an overview and analysis of the issues and trends impacting regional airport system development. Based on that analysis, the report makes detailed airport system development and investment recommendations to guide aviation in the region for the foreseeable future.
11. Executive Director's Report
- USDOT Data Innovation Challenge Award
- Pennsylvania Safety Symposium
- Improving Air Quality in Latino Communities event
- Keystone Corridor Economic Development Opportunities Summit
- Burlington County Air Quality Partnership Award
- Congestion Management Process (CMP) Supplemental Commitments
- TIP, Long-Range Plan and Conformity Public Meeting
- TIP and Plan adoption event
12. Committee Reports
- Regional Technical Committee
- Central Jersey Transportation Forum
- Information Resources Exchange Group
- Transportation Operations Task Force
- Regional Aviation Committee
- Public Participation Task Force
- Draft Minutes of Meeting of May 22, 2014
- Commissioner’s Summary Sheet (Action Items 2a, 2b, 2c, 2d, 3, 4a, 4b, 4c, 5 and 6)