The DVRPC Board
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIRMAN'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS
1. Minutes of Meeting of April 25, 2002
2. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
|a. PA01-67 - 52nd Street Corridor Alternative Analysis - (SEPTA)|
|b. PA01-68 - FY 2002 Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Section 5310 Grants - PennDOT|
|c. PA01-69a - Route 202, Section 711 (Bucks County)|
|d. PA01-69b - Route 463, Horsham Road / Stump Road to General Hancock (Montgomery County)|
|e. PA01-69c - I-95 Westmoreland to Levick (Philadelphia)|
|f. PA01-69d - 29th Street Bridge Over Amtrak / SEPTA Trenton and R8 (Philadelphia)|
3. Approval of Transportation Enhancement (TE) Projects for Inclusion in the DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program for Pennsylvania
Projects for the TE funding have been ranked and recommended for approval. Board action is now being requested to include the recommended projects in the DVRPC TIP for Pennsylvania.
4. Proposed Change to the Highway Functional Classification System - Philadelphia
The City of Philadelphia request a change in the function classification of Tomlinson Road in Northeast Philadelphia between Bustleton Avenue and Philmont Avenue. This proposed minor arterial is 1.3 miles in length and crosses the boundary between Philadelphia and Montgomery County.
5. Proposed FY 2003 New Jersey Corridor Selection
Every other year staff begins work on a new corridor planning process in New Jersey. This year a technical review process was conducted to select the corridor most in need of improvement. A recommendation will be made to the Board for action.
6a. FY 2003 Pennsylvania Job Access and Reverse Commute (JARC) Grant Program - Project Priorities and TIP Commitment
Consistent with the FTA's JARC Program requirements, and following review and recommendation by a Pennsylvania Special Committee, action is proposed on Fiscal Year 2003 project priorities and future TIP commitment. Plan consistency and applicant qualifications were previously acted on at the February Board meeting.
6b. FY 2002 Job Access and Reverse Commute Grant Program Earmark - Family Service Association of Montgomery County - Plan Consistency, Applicant Qualifications, Project Priorities and TIP Commitment
This agency is applying to use a portion of a $1.5 million Fiscal Year 2002 Congressional earmark to the Alliance for Children and Families to undertake the proposed project, separate from the annual, regionwide project solicitation process. Action is proposed on DVRPC's Job Access Plan consistency, applicant qualifications, project priority and future Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) commitment.
7. Transportation and Community Development Initiative (TCDI)
The Review Committee's recommended applications for the TCDI Program will be presented to the Board for action.
8. DVRPC FY 2003 Planning Work Program Amendment: Quality of Place Enhancement and Promotion in Southeastern Pennsylvania
Approval is being requested to include this project into the DVRPC FY 2003 Planning Work Program. This program seeks to develop initiatives targeted to young workers to attract and retain these young people in Pennsylvania, utilizing funding from the New Communities program of the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development.
9. Nominating Committee Report for Fiscal Year 2003 DVRPC Board Officers
The Nominating Committee will report their recommended slate of officers to serve on the DVRPC Board for FY 2003 (July 1, 2002 - June 30, 2003). Elections will take place at the regular June Board meeting at which time nominations may also be made from the floor.
10. Regional Citizens Committee (RCC) Report
Patrick Starr, RCC Chairman, will report on the activities of the RCC Meeting of May 14, 2002.
11. Executive Director's Report
|a. Progress of DVRPC Annual Awards Dinner|
|b. Building from Strength: Strategies for Older Suburbs and Boroughs Conference, April 30, 2002|
|c. 2002 Pennsylvania Joint Rail Freight Seminar, May 8-10, 2002|
|d. Ozone Action Kick-Off, May 16, 2002|
|e. Transportation & Land Use in the Philadelphia Region Conference|
12. Committee Reports
|a. Planning Coordinating Committee/Regional Transportation Committee - John B. Claffey|
|b. Board Policy Analysis Committee - John J. Coscia|
(1) Minutes of meeting of April 25, 2002
(2) Commissioner Summary Sheets (Action Items 2a, 2b, 2c, 2d, 2e, 2f, 3, 4, 5, 6a, 6b, 7, and 8)
(3) PCC/RTC Recommendations for May 23, 2002
DELAWARE VALLEY REGIONAL PLANNING COMMISSION
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING
THURSDAY, MAY 23, 2002
Immediately following Board Meeting
CALL TO ORDER
1. Minutes of Meeting of April 25, 2002
2. Authorization for a 4.0% Meritorious Annual Salary Increase for FY 2003
3. Nominating Committee Report for Fiscal Year 2003 DVRPC Executive Committee Officers
The Nominating Committee will report their recommended slate of officers to serve on the DVRPC Executive Committee for FY 2003 (July 1, 2002 - June 30, 2002). Elections will take place at the regular June meeting at which time nominations may also be made from the floor.
(1)Minutes of Meeting of April 25, 2002
(2)Commissioner Summary Sheet (Action Item 2)