The DVRPC Board
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIRMAN'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS
1. Minutes of Meeting of March 28, 2002
2. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
|a. NJ 02-10 - Delaware River Pedestrian / Bicycle Path (Mercer County)|
|b. PA 01-65 - I-95 Bleigh Avenue to Academy Road (Philadelphia) |
3. DVRPC FY 2003 Work Program Amendments
|a. Statewide GIS Technical Assistance - PennDOT|
|b. Assessment of Land Use and Transportation Solutions for the Route 413 / 513 Corridor in Southeastern Bucks County|
4. Authorization to Open Public Comment Period and Hold Public Meetings for the Revised Year 2025 Land Use and Transportation Plan
Board authorization is being requested for staff to open a 30-day public comment period for the revised Year 2025 Land Use and Transportation Plan. Board authorization is also needed for staff to hold three public meetings during that period.
5. Authorization to Open 30-Day Public Comment Period for the draft DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for New Jersey (FY 2003-2005) and for Pennsylvania (FY 2003-2006)
The draft TIP documents will be available for public review by May 6th, with the public comment period running through June 5th. Board authorization is being requested for staff to open a 30-day public comment period for the purpose of gathering public and agency comments on the draft DVRPC TIP for New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
6. FY 2002 Job Access and Reverse Commute (JARC) Grant Program Earmark - Family Service Association of Bucks County - Plan Consistency, Applicant Qualifications, Project Priorities and TIP Commitment
The Family Service Association of Bucks County received a Fiscal Year 2002 Congressional earmark of $1.5 million for the proposed project, separate from the annual, regionwide project solicitation process. Consistent with the Federal Transit Administration's (FTA) JARC Program requirements, and following review and recommendation by a Pennsylvania Special Committee, action is proposed on Job Access Plan consistency, applicant qualifications, project priority and future TIP commitment.
7. FY 2002 Pennsylvania Job Access and Reverse Commute (JARC) Grant Program - Project Priorities and TIP Commitment
Consistent with the FTA's JARC Program requirements, and following review and recommendation by a Pennsylvania Special Committee, action is proposed on Fiscal Year 2002 project priorities and future TIP commitment. Plan consistency and applicant qualifications were previously acted on at the February Board meeting.
8. Appointment of Nominating Committee for Fiscal Year 2003 DVRPC Board Officers
A Nominating Committee will be selected to appoint candidates for Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer to the DVRPC Board for Fiscal Year 2003 (July 1, 2002 through June 30, 2003). The Chairman for FY 2003 must be from Pennsylvania. The committee will report these candidates at the May Board meeting and elections will take place at the June Board meeting.
9. Regional Citizens Committee (RCC) Report
Patrick Starr, RCC Chairman, will report on the activities of the RCC Meeting of April 16, 2002.
10. Transportation and Community Development Initiative (TCDI)
Applications for the TCDI Program were received on April 10 and staff will report on the number and type of applications received and describe the process for the review and prioritization of proposals. Recommendations of the Review Committees will be presented to the Board at the May meeting.
11. Executive Director's Report
|a. Progress of DVRPC Annual Awards Dinner|
|b. Building from Strength: Strategies for Older Suburbs and Boroughs Conference, April 30, 2002|
|c. 2002 Pennsylvania Joint Rail Freight Seminar, May 8-10, 2002|
12. Committee Reports
|a. Regional Housing Committee - Barry Seymour|
|b. Planning Coordinating Committee/Regional Transportation Committee - John B. Claffey|
|c. Goods Movement Task Force - John J. Coscia|
|d. Regional Aviation Committee - Roger Moog|
(1) Minutes of meeting of March 28, 2002
(2) Commissioner Summary Sheets (Action Items 2a, 2b, 3a, 3b, 4, 5, 6, and 7)
(3) PCC/RTC Recommendations for April 25, 2002
DELAWARE VALLEY REGIONAL PLANNING COMMISSION
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING
THURSDAY, APRIL 25, 2002
Immediately following Board Meeting
CALL TO ORDER
1. Minutes of Meeting of March 28, 2002
2. Contract Authorization: Statewide GIS Technical Assistance - PennDOT
3. Appointment of Nominating Committee for Fiscal Year 2003 DVRPC Executive Committee Officers
A Nominating Committee will be selected to appoint Chairman, Vice Chairman and Secretary to the Executive Committee of the DVRPC Board. The Chairman for FY 2003 must be from Pennsylvania. The committee will report the candidates at the May Board meeting and elections will take place at the June Board meeting.
4. FY 2002 Planning Work Program Third Quarter Report
(1)Minutes of Meeting of March 28, 2002
(2)Commissioner Summary Sheet (Action Item 2)