The DVRPC Board
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIRMAN'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS
1. Minutes of Meeting of January 24, 2002
2. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
- PA 0154 - Market Street Streetscape Improvements (City of Philadelphia)
- PA 0157a - Germantown Avenue Bridge (City of Philadelphia)
- PA 0157b - Ogontz Avenue Signal Improvements (City of Philadelphia)
- PA 0158 - Chester City Central Business District Improvements (Delaware County)
- NJ 0204a - Bus Acquisition Program (NJ TRANSIT)
- NJ 0204b - Rail Rolling Stock Procurement (NJ TRANSIT)
- NJ 0205a - Gloucester County Trails Project (Gloucester County)
- NJ 0205b - Route 30/73 Berlin Circle (Camden County)
- NJ 0205c - Route 30 Section 17 (Camden County)
- NJ 0206a - Work Program: Central New Jersey Transportation Forum (Mercer County)
- NJ 0206b - Work Program: Route 45 Corridor Study (Gloucester County)
- NJ 0207 & PA 0159 - Transportation and Community Development Initiative (DVRPC)
3. Pennsylvania Transportation Enhancement (TE) Project Selection and Recommendations
Recommended project selections will be presented for the Pennsylvania Transportation Enhancement (TE) Funding.
4. FY 2003 Pennsylvania Transportation Management Association (TMA) Assistance Grant Draft Work Programs
For the past ten years, PennDOT has provided operating assistance to selected Transportation Management Associations in the region. The funds are distributed to support travel demand management promotion to mitigate traffic congestion. Six proposals will be presented for Board approval.
5. FY 2003 Pennsylvania Mobility Alternatives Program (MAP) Draft Work Programs
MAP is a Pennsylvania partnership among county governments, operating agencies, and DVRPC to modify travel behaviors. Activities include developing travel demand management strategies, promotion of share-a-ride, and outreach in highly congested corridors. The MAP applications will be presented for Board approval to continue this work for another year.
6. DVRPC Revised Year 2025 Regional, County, and Municipal Population Forecasts
DVRPC has updated and revised the population forecasts to the Year 2025 based on the release of the Year 2000 Census population data, as well as current and evolving trends in the region and within each county. Board adoption is being requested for the revised forecasts.
7. Job Access and Reverse Commute Competitive Grant Program Regional Plan Consistency, Applicant Selection and Special Technical Committee Authorization
The Job Access and Reverse Commute Competitive Grant Program is intended to help fund transportation services and supportive activities that facilitate access to jobs for welfare recipients and lower income persons, as well as reverse commute trips for the general population. Staff will recommend applicants who have meet the qualifications to undertake the proposed projects and are consist with the proposed projects of Access to Opportunities, DVRPC's adopted Job Access and Reverse Commute Transportation Plan.
8. Pennsylvania Infrastructure Investment Authority (PENNVEST) Funding Requests in Bucks, Chester and Delaware Counties
PENNVEST has forwarded to DVRPC funding requests for Bucks, Chester and Delaware Counties for review for consistency with the Horizons 2025 Plan.
9. Regional Citizens Committee (RCC) Report
Patrick Starr, RCC Chairman, will report on the activities of the RCC Meeting of February 19, 2002.
10. Executive Director's Report
- DVRPC 1st Annual Awards Dinner Sponsor's letter
- Schuylkill Valley Metro (SVM) FTA Funding approval letter dated 1/25/02
- Transportation and Community Development Initiative (TCDI) Application Booklet
- February 14 and 15 Washington Meeting on TEA 21 Reauthorization
- Central New Jersey Forum meeting of February 22, 2002
11. Committee Reports
- Planning Coordinating Committee/Regional Transportation Committee - John B. Claffey
(1) Minutes of meeting of January 24, 2002
(2) Commissioner Summary Sheets (Action Items 2a, 2b, 2c, 2d, 2e, 2f, 2g, 2h, 2i, 2j, 2k, 2l, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7)
(3) PCC/RTC Recommendations for February 28, 2002
DELAWARE VALLEY REGIONAL PLANNING COMMISSION
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING
FEBRUARY 28, 2002
Immediately following Board Meeting
The Bourse Building - 8th Floor
111 South Independence Mall East
Philadelphia, PA 19106-2515
CALL TO ORDER
1. Minutes of Meeting of January 24, 2001
2. Adoption of DVRPC's Fiscal Year 2003 Budget
(1)Minutes of Meeting of January 24, 2002