The DVRPC Board
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIRMAN'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS
1. Minutes of Meeting of September 25, 2003
2. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
a. TIP Action PA03-36:
$15 Million "Flex" of Federal Highway Funds to SEPTA for Operating Budget Relief, Regionwide
b. TIP Action PA03-37a:
I-476 Bridges Over Gulph Road and Schuylkill River, Montgomery County
c. TIP Action PA03-37b:
US 1 Resurfacing, PA 472 to PA 896, Chester County
3. DVRPC Fiscal Year 2004 Planning Work Program Amendments
a. South Jersey Port Inland Distribution Network (PIDN) Study - Phase II
The purpose of Phase II of this study is to further define the development of a PIDN site in South Jersey. Phase II will lead to the development of an Action / Business Plan that will more concretely specify the requirements necessary for the establishment of a South Jersey PIDN.
b. ecommute Telework Pilot Program, Phase III
DVRPC will assist Global Environmental Technology Foundation in completing an analysis of the effectiveness of emissions trading incentives in encouraging employers to reduce worksite-related emissions through a telework program for employees.
c. Ewing Township Transit Oriented Redevelopment Plan, Mercer County
This project would develop a Master Plan for transit-oriented development and redevelopment in the area of the West Trenton Train Station in Ewing Township, Mercer County.
d. Delaware River Joint Toll Bridge Commission (DRJTBC) Scudder Falls Bridge Widening Traffic Study
This project will provide current traffic data, 2015 and 2030 Annual Average (AADT), and peak hour traffic forecasts to DRJTBC and their consultants.
e. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Northeast Regional Air Service Demand Study
DVRPC will engage in a study which focuses on collecting data and developing databases for three airports (Trenton, Atlantic City International, and Lehigh Valley International) to help in their efforts to improve passenger service and the overall economic competitiveness of these airports within the context of their community concerns and needs.
4. Pennsylvania Infrastructure Investment Authority (PENNVEST) Funding Requests in Bucks and Montgomery Couties
PENNVEST has forwarded three applications to DVRPC for review for consistency with the regional plan as follows: (1) Bristol Township Authority, Bucks County;
(2) Borough of East Greenville, Montgomery County; and (3) Molly's County Kennels, Inc. Worcester Township, Montgomery County.
5. Approval of the Planning Work Program Committee's Recommended List of Priority Projects for FY 2005
The Board Planning Work Program Committee will present their recommended list of the priority projects for FY 2005.
6. Approval of the Board Meeting Schedule for Calendar Year 2004
7. Pennsylvania's and New Jersey's Proposals for 8-Hour Ozone Nonattainment Boundaries
Pennsylvania and New Jersey each developed different proposals for the boundaries of the nonattainment area.
8. Regional Citizens Committee (RCC) Report
Dennis Winters, Chairman of the RCC, will report to the Board the activities of the
RCC's Meeting of October 14, 2003.
9. Executive Director's Report
a. Pennsylvania State Transportation Commission, September 26, 2003
b. DVRPC Board Retreat, December 3, 2003, Trenton Marriott
10. Pennsylvania Turnpike / I-95 Interchange Project
Jay Roth, KCI Technologies, will present a status report on the Pennsylvania Turnpike / I-95 Interchange Project including the Congestion Management System (CMS) and Intelligent Transportation System (ITS). The report will address the selected or preferred alternative that is presented in the final Environmental Impact Statement (EIS), and the proposed design and construction contracts schedule.
11. Committee Reports
a. Planning Coordinating Committee/Regional Transportation Committee - Donald Shanis
b. Delaware Valley Good Movement Task Force - John J. Coscia
c. Tri-County Water Quality Managment Board - Barry J. Seymour
12. One Minute Reports
Board Members and alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
(1) Minutes of meeting of September 25, 2003
(2) Commissioner Summary Sheets (Action Items 2a, 2b, 2c, 3a, 3b, 3c, 3d, 3e, 4, 5, and 6)
(3) PCC/RTC Recommendations for October 23, 2003
DELAWARE VALLEY REGIONAL PLANNING COMMISSION
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING
OCTOBER 23, 2003
Immediately following Board Meeting
CALL TO ORDER
ACTION ITEMS *
1. Minutes of Meeting of September 25, 2003
2. Contract Authorization: ecommute Telework Pilot Program, Phase III
3. Authorization to Implement a DVRPC Section 125, Flexible Spending Account Plan
4. Approval of Executive Committee Meeting Schedule for Year 2004
5. FY 2004 Planning Work Program First Quarter Report
(1) Minutes of Meeting of September 25, 2003
(2) Commissioners Summary Sheet (Action Item 2 and 3)
* Voting Members:
NJ Dept. Of Community Affairs: Joyce Paul
NJ Dept. Of Transportation: Brent Barnes
NJ Governor's Appointee: Paul T. Fader
NJ Counties: Thomas J. Gurick
City of Camden: Arijit De
PA Governor's Policy Office: Joanne Denworth
PA Dept. of Transportation: Larry M. King
PA Governor's Appointee: No Representative at this time
PA Counties: Charles H. Martin
City of Philadelphia: Gary Jastrzab