The DVRPC Board
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIRMAN'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS
1. Minutes of Meeting of May 22, 2003
2. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
a. TIP Action PA03-27:
Section 5310 Capital Assistance Grants PENNDOT request, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, and Montgomery Counties
b. TIP Action PA03-28a:
Downingtown Pedestrian / Bikeway PENNDOT request, Chester County
c. TIP Action PA03-28b:
Cayuga Street Bridge PENNDOT request, City of Philadelphia
d. TIP Action PA03-10:
Camden County Civic Convention Center,Camden County
e. TIP Action NJ03-11:
Bus Rapid Transit Alternatives Analysis DVRPC on behalf of the Central New Jersey Transportation Forum
3. DVRPC Annual Self-Certification of the Regional Transportation Planning Process
Federal regulations require that Metropolitan Planning Organizations self-certify that the transportation planning process is in conformance with TEA-21, the Clean Air Act Amendments, and other applicable federal regulations.
4. Adoption of the DVRPC FY 2004 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for New Jersey
The draft FY 2004 TIP for New Jersey has been open for a 30-day public comment period. Comments which have been received and reviewed by the DVRPC committees, will be provided to the board and a final list of projects will be recommended for adoption.
5. FY 2004 Work Program Amendment: Bus Rapid Transit Alternatives Analysis
The Central New Jersey Transportation Forum is embarking on a Bus Rapid Transit Alternatives Analysis , the first step in U.S. DOT's project development process. This will be a multi-agency effort. DVRPC will fulfill the public involvement portion of the study. The intent of the study is to improve the efficiency of the region's transportation system by providing al alternative mode to single occupant vehicles to aid in alleviating traffic congestion.
6. DVRPC's Disclosure of Public Records Policy
DVRPC is required by law to adopt a policy for the release of Public Records. A draft copy of DVRPC's Disclosure of Public Records Policy was distributed to the Board at its April 24, 2003 meeting for their review. Revisions have been made to the document and action is now needed to adopt this policy and to authorize DVRPC to open a public comment period to include this document in DVRPC's Public Participation Plan: A Strategy for Citizen Involvement which was adopted by the Board at its September 20, 2001 meeting.
7. Pennsylvania Infrastructure Investment Authority (PENNVEST) Funding Requests in Chester and Montgomery Counties
PENNVEST has forwarded two funding request applications for review for consistency with the regional plan , Borough of Avondale in Chester County and Pennsylvania Suburban Water Company in Montgomery County.
8. Election of DVRPC Board Officers
Elections will take place for the DVRPC Board Officers for Fiscal Year 2004 (July 1, 2003 through June 30, 2004). At this time, nominations may be made from the floor.
9. Regional Citizens Committee (RCC) Report
Dennis Winters, Chairman of the RCC, will report to the Board the activities of the RCC's Meeting of June 17, 2003.
10. Election of New Jersey County and Pennsylvania County Representatives to Serve on the Executive Committee for FY 2004
a. Results of New Jersey Caucus
b. Results of Pennsylvania Caucus
11. Committee Reports
a. Information Exchange Resource Group - Barry Seymour
b. Planning Coordinating Committee/Regional Transportation Committee - Donald Shanis
c. Regional Aviation Committee - Roger Moog
d. Regional Housing Committee - Barry Seymour
12. Executive Director's Report
a. 2003 Governor's Conference on Transportation, Land Use and Economic Development, Hershey Lodge, May 28, 2003
b. Results of the DVRPC Annual Awards Dinner
c. TransitChek Policy Committee Meeting, June 11, 2003
d. National Association of Regional Councils (NARC) Conference in Pittsburgh, June 22-24, 2003
13. New Jersey Department of Transportation I-295 / I-76 / NJ 42 Interchange (Direct Connection)
DVRPC has long identified this interchange as a high priority regional need within our plan due to deficiencies in highway safety, geometry and operations. A representative from the New Jersey Department of Transportation will outline the EIS process that will identify alternatives to meet transportation goals and support efforts to maintain quality of life for local residents.
(1) Minutes of meeting of May 22, 2003
(2) Commissioner Summary Sheets (Action Items 2a, 2b, 2c, 2d, 2e, 2f, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7)
(3) PCC/RTC Recommendations for June 26, 2003
DELAWARE VALLEY REGIONAL PLANNING COMMISSION
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING
THURSDAY JUNE 26, 2003
Immediately following Board Meeting
CALL TO ORDER
ACTION ITEMS *
1. Minutes of Meeting of May 22, 2003
2. Contract Authorization: Regional Airport Security Profile Study
This study will produce a report which documents the status of GA / reliever security procedures and situations, including identification of short falls and needed capital investment in the DVRPC region.
3. Appointment of Assistant Executive Director for Transportation Planning
On June 13, 2003, the DVRPC Assistant Executive Director for Transportation Planning, Jack Claffey, retired. The Executive Director is recommending Donald S. Shanis to fill that position and seeks Executive Committee approval.
4. Election of DVRPC Executive Committee Officers for Fiscal Year 2004
Elections will take place for DVRPC Executive Committee Officers for Fiscal Year 2004 (July 1, 2003 through June 30, 2004). At this time, nominations may be made from the floor.
* Voting Members:
NJ Dept. Of Community Affairs: Joyce Paul
NJ Dept. Of Transportation: Brent Barnes
NJ Governor's Appointee: Paul T. Fader
NJ Counties: Thomas J. Gurick
City of Camden: Edward Williams
PA Governor's Policy Office: Joann Denworth
PA Dept. of Transportation: Larry M. King
PA Governor's Appointee: Caroline Anderson Novak
PA Counties: Charles H. Martin
City of Philadelphia: Gary Jastrzab
(1) Minutes of Meeting of May 22, 2003
(2) Commissioners Summary Sheet (Action Item 2)