The DVRPC Board
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
(Lunch will be served following the meeting)
* Please park at the National Constitution Parking Garage
(Parking is also still available at the Bourse Garage
for Board Members and Alternates)
10:30 - 11:45 a.m. Board meeting
11:45 - 12:00 noon Executive Committee Meeting
12:00 - 1:00 p.m. Lunch
1:00 - 2:00 p.m. First Meeting of the Executive Director Search Committee (EDSC)
Members and Alternates of the Executive Committee should attend this very important meeting to Initiate a National Search to Fill the Position of DVRPC Executive Director
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIRMAN'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS
1. Minutes of Meeting of September 22, 2005
2. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
a. TIP Action PA05-45: US 202 Expressway (Section 700), Various Counties ($38.3 million)
b. TIP Action PA05-46a: I-476, Lawrence to Matson Ford Road, Delaware County ($22 million)
c. TIP Action PA05-46b: Media Downtown Streetscape, Delaware County ($277,000)
d. TIP Action PA05-47a: US 422 Interim Project, Montgomery County ($240,000)
e. TIP Action PA05-47b: Norristown Parking Facility, Montgomery County ($600,000)
f. TIP Action PA05-48: Deferral of Projects, Various Counties ($5,162 million)
(1) PA 73 Church Road, Greenwood-Rice's Mill, Montgomery County
(2) Holme Avenue (Bridge) Over Conrail, Philadelphia
(1) PA 252, Providence Road, Delaware County
(2) Passyunk Avenue Drawbridge, Philadelphia
(3) Lehigh Avenue East (Signals), Philadelphia
(4) Lehigh Avenue West (Signals), Philadelphia
(5) I-95 Betsy Ross Interchange, Philadelphia
(6) Old Bethlehem Road, Bucks County
(7) County Line Road Extension: Bustleton Pike to Philmont Avenue, Bucks County
3. Approval of Congestion Management System (CMS) Update
An Advisory Committee has worked with staff on a major update of the CMS for the DVRPC region. The CMS will be a significant tool in helping the region realize its goals. A draft Executive Summary and report will be presented for Board action.
4. Adoption of Resolution to Recommend Inclusion of the Long-Form Questionnaire in Census 2010
The Census Bureau has decided to delete the long-form questionnaire from future censuses and to collect the same date annually from a proposed survey called the American Community Survey (ACS). DVRPC's evaluation of the ACS data has indicated that the data cannot be used for transportation planning due to very large errors. The Board will be requested to recommend to the Census Bureau to reinstall the long form questionnaire for the Census 2010.
5. DVRPC Fiscal Year 2006 Planning Work Program Amendment: Promoting Design Excellence in the Philadelphia Region
The William Penn Foundation has requested that DVRPC partner with a specified consultant to undertake a one-year project to examining the process for the design review of public and private construction projects in the region.
6. Pennsylvania Infrastructure Investment Authority (PENNVEST) Funding Request in Bucks County
Dublin Borough, Bucks County request a PENNVEST loan to reduce the amount of infiltration and inflow into the Borough's sanitary sewer lines.
7. Proposed Amendment to the Tri-County Water Quality Management Plan: Burlington, Camden, Gloucester, Monmouth and Salem Counties
Board adoption is being requested to amend the Tri-County Water Quality Management Plan to include Total Maximum Daily Loads (TMDL) for Fecal Coliform for two stream segments that extend into Burlington, Gloucester, and Salem Counties and for Phosphorus for three streams segments that extend into Burlington, Camden, Gloucester, Monmouth and Salem Counties.
8. Development of the FY 2007 Planning Work Program
Highlights of the DVRPC Board FY 2007 Planning Work Program Committee meeting of October 25, 2005 will be reported. Board action will be requested to prepare the Draft Work Program.
9. Approval of the Board Meeting Schedule for Calendar Year 2006
10. Regional Citizens Committee (RCC) Report
The activities of the RCC meeting of July 19, 2005 will be reported to the Board.
11. Greater Philadelphia Leadership Exchange
Vice Chair Joanne R. Denworth will report on her participation on behalf of DVRPC and with 75 other civic leaders in their visit to Chicago on September 21-23, 2005.
12. Executive Director's Report
a. New Jersey DOT meeting, September 29, 2005 to discuss the New Jersey 2030 Plan.
b. PENNDOT Planning Partners Meeting in Pittsburgh, October 17, 2005
c. Pennsylvania Rail Freight Advisory Committee Meeting, October 26, 2005
e. DVRPC Board Retreat, December 2, 2005
13. Committee Reports
a. Planning Coordinating Committee/Regional Transportation Committee - Donald Shanis
b. Regional Aviation Committee - Roger Moog
c. Goods Movement Task Force - John J. Coscia
d. Tri-County Water Quality Management Board - Barry Seymour
14. One Minute Reports
Board Members and alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
(1) Minutes of meeting of September 22, 2005
(2) Commissioner Summary Sheets (Action Items 2a, 2b, 2c, 2d, 2e, 2f, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7)
(3) PCC/RTC Recommendations for October 27, 2005
DELAWARE VALLEY REGIONAL PLANNING COMMISSION
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING Thursday, October 27, 2005
Immediately following Board Meeting
CALL TO ORDER
ACTION ITEMS *
1. Minutes of Meeting of September 22, 2005
2. Contract Authorizations
a. Transportation Provider(s) for Mobility Alternatives program (MAP) Emergency Ride Home Services
b. Beverly City / Edgewater Park Transit oriented Development Study, Burlington County
3. Approval of Executive Committee Meeting Schedule for Year 2006
4. FY 2006 Planning Work Program First Quarter Report
(1) Minutes of Meeting of September 22, 2005
(2) Commissioner Summary Sheet Action Item 2a, and 2b)
* Voting Members:
NJ Dept. Of Community Affairs: Joyce Paul
NJ Dept. Of Transportation: Brent Barnes
NJ Governor's Appointee: Verice Mason
NJ Counties: Thomas J. Gurick
City of Camden: Arijit De
PA Governor's Policy Office: Joanne Denworth
PA Dept. of Transportation: Larry M. King
PA Governor's Appointee: Richard W. Hayden, Esq.
PA Counties: Charles H. Martin
City of Philadelphia: Gary Jastrzab