The DVRPC Board
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIR'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA and NON-AGENDA ITEMS
NOTE: Visitors may view details and leave comments on any Action Item below by clicking on the hyperlinked title.
1. Minutes of Meeting of March 28, 2013
2. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
- PA13-27: State of Good Repair, (MPMS# 77180), SEPTA
- PA13-28: Bridge Improvement Program, (MPMS# 95402), SEPTA
- PA13-29: Substation Improvement Program, (MPMS# 60651), SEPTA
- PA13-31: I-76 Slope Stabilization, (MPMS# 95708), Montgomery County
- PA13-32: Philadelphia Traffic Operations Center, (MPMS# 93106), City of Philadelphia
Federal law planning regulations require the development of a TIP in order for the metropolitan region to be eligible to receive and spend federal transportation funds. Staff will seek approval to open a 30-day public comment period and release documents in May 2013, for the purpose of gathering public and agency comments on the Draft FY 2014 New Jersey TIP. The Draft NJ TIP will be presented in July 2013 for adoption.
DVRPC’s CHSTP Selection Committee has developed a recommended list of 23 Pennsylvania JARC projects proposed for one-year of JARC funding. Staff will provide an overview and will ask the Board to approve the recommended projects.
5. Appointment of Nominating Committee for Fiscal Year 2014 DVRPC Board Officers
A Nominating Committee will be selected to appoint candidates for Board Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary, and Treasurer for Fiscal Year 2014 (July 1, 2013 through June 30, 2014). The Chair for FY 2014 must be from New Jersey. The committee will report these candidates at the May Board Meeting and elections will take place at the June Board Meeting.
6. One Minute Reports
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
7. Connections 2040 Tracking Progress
As part of the long-range planning effort, DVRPC utilizes meaningful, reliable, and easy to replicate data to track the region’s progress towards the goals of the Long- Range Plan. This data is compiled in the Connections 2040 Tracking Progress Report. Staff will provide the Board with an overview of the report findings.
8. Progress Toward Smart Growth
Staff will present two recent initiatives: the Smart Growth Project Database, a new online mapping application that tracks a variety of noteworthy development projects throughout the region; and a survey of municipalities on their progress toward smart growth goals.
9. Executive Director's Report
- Air Quality Partnership EnviroFlash
- Classic Towns Photo Exhibit
- Connections 2040 Public Outreach
- New Jersey TransAction
- Bike and Pedestrian Summit – April 30
- Women’s Transportation Seminar (WTS) – May 15-17
- National Association of Regional Councils – June 23-26
10. Committee Reports
- Regional Technical Committee
- Delaware Valley Goods Movement Task Force
- Draft Minutes of Meeting of March 28, 2013
- Commissioner Summary Sheet (Action Items 2a, 2b, 2c, 2d, 2e, 3 and 4)
- FY 2014 PA JARC Recommendations Memo