The DVRPC Board
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
CALL TO ORDER CHAIR'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS
1. Minutes of Meeting of February 25, 2010
2. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Action: PA09-92: Potential Federal "Jobs Bill" Candidate Transportation Infrastructure Projects for Pennsylvania Highway Program
3. FY 2011 Mobility Alternatives Program Work Programs and FY 2011 PennDOT Transportation Management Assistance Grant Program Work Programs
a. FY 2011 Mobility Alternatives Program Work Programs
b. FY 2011 PennDOT Transportation management Assistance Grant Program Work Programs.
4. FY 2011/2012 Coordinated Human Services Transportation Plan (CHSTP) List of Pennsylvania Projects
5. Regional Citizens Committee (RCC) Report
The activities from the RCC Meeting of March 16, 2010 will be reported to the Board.
6. 2010 Census Briefing
Fernando Armstrong, U. S. Census Regional Director, will present to the Board a briefing on the 2010 Census.
Every 10 years, the United States conducts its decennial census and the 2010 Census is currently well underway. The census, which is mandated by the U.S. Constitution, determines the apportionment of the House of Representatives amongst the states. Census data are also used for redistricting representative boundaries from school boards to state representatives. The Federal government uses census data to allocate more than $435 Billion each year. This briefing will provide a status of census operations in the region. We will learn how county and local governments can participate in the "Take 10" challenge. The 2010 Census, "It's In Our Hands."
7. Sustainable Communities Planning Grant Program
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has issued an Advance Notice for Comments on a proposed competitive planning grant program to support regional planning efforts that integrate housing, transportation, environmental impact, and economic development. DVRPC staff has been developing ideas for a grant proposal under this program, and will present those ideas for discussion.
8. Executive Director's Report
a. Pennsylvania Local Development Districts
b. Meetings with NJDOT and NJTransit
c. TCDI Press Conference
d. Breaking Ground Conference
e. DVRPC Annual Dinner
f. Central Jersey Forum
9. Committee Reports
a. Planning Coordinating Committee/Regional Transportation Committee-Donald Shanis
b. Information Resources Exchange Group Joseph Fazekas
c. Regional Aviation Committee Roger Moog
10. One Minute Reports
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.