The DVRPC Board
Phone number: 1-346-248-7799 Meeting ID: 981 8514 8114 Passcode: 966006909
CALL TO ORDER and CHAIR'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA and NON-AGENDA ITEMS
1. Minutes of Meeting of September 23, 2021
2. What’s In Store: Exploring the Future of Shopping Malls in Greater Philadelphia
Increased online competition, evolving consumer preferences, and, more recently, the COVID-19 pandemic have contributed to the decline of enclosed shopping malls. Although many of these properties may no longer support a traditional mall, they are often strong candidates for redevelopment. This report summarizes research designed to help communities throughout Greater Philadelphia better understand the challenges and opportunities created by struggling or vacant mall properties.
3. 2020 Decennial Census Highlights
DVRPC staff will present key takeaways from the initial data release of the 2020 Decennial Census. The analysis will be featured in a soon-to-be-published data bulletin summarizing regional, county, and municipal level change relative to prior decades.
4. Water Table
The Water Table initiative was funded by the William Penn Foundation with the goal to bring nonprofit conservation organizations, the water-user community, and government agencies together to build relationships and collaborative initiatives for better alignment of efforts, new projects, and possibly new sources of funding. DVRPC staff will report on this 15 month project.
5. Camden Health Element
As an Element of the City’s Master Plan, the Camden Health Element provides a high-level vision and concrete strategies to promote health as a priority for Camden’s future growth and development. This project convened stakeholders and engaged the community to collaboratively develop a vision for a healthy Camden, identify areas of concern, and generate recommendations for improving public health through policy and planning-based tools.
6. FY23 Work Program Development
7. One Minute Reports
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
8. Executive Director's Report
- DVRPC Board Retreat
- Federal Infrastructure proposal
- Title VI Review
- TIP Administrative Packet
- New Releases
- Calendar Year 2022 Board Meeting Dates
9. Committee Reports
- Regional Technical Committee
- Transportation Operations Task Force
- Information Resources Exchange Group
- Delaware Valley Goods Movement Task Force
- Public Participation Task Force
- Regional Safety Task Force