Regional Technical Committee
10:00 a.m. Meeting
12:00 Noon Lunch
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order - Chairman''s Comments
2. Transportation Director''s Report
3. Report on Regional Citizens Committee Activities
4. Highlights of the Meeting of March 7, 2006
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. As situations arise, the PCC/RTC is asked to consider changes.
a. TIP Action PA05-67a: North Delaware Avenue Extension, Lewis to Bridge, Bridesburg (MPMS #46956), Philadelphia
b. TIP Action PA05-67b: I-95: Levick to Bleigh (MPMS #47394), Philadelphia
c. TIP Action PA05-67c: Easton Road Bridges Over Deep Run Creek (MPMS #13552), Bucks County
d. TIP Action PA05-67d: Naaman''s Creek Road Restoration (MPMS #15485)
e. TIP Action PA05-68: Philadelphia Naval Center Shuttle (MPMS #68069), Philadelphia
f. TIP Action PA05-69: Limekiln Pike/202 Interchange, (New Proposed Project, MPMS #76104), Bucks County
g. TIP Action PA05-70: Willow Grove Avenue Over SEPTA R8 (Bridge) (New Proposed Project, MPMS #76870), Philadelphia
h. TIP Action PA05-71: PA 422 Reconstruction, PA 29 to Township Line (New Proposed Project, MPMS #51359), Montgomery County
6. Authorization to open 30-Day Public Comment Period for the FY2007 TIP and for the Conformity Determination of the 2030 Long Range Plan
Staff has been working with the NJ and PA Subcommittees, NJDOT, PennDOT, NJ TRANSIT, SEPTA, and DRPA on the development of the draft FY2007 Transportation Improvement Program for NJ and PA, and with the Transportation Conformity Interagency Coordination Group on the updated conformity determination for the TIP and 2030 Long Range Plan. Board authorization is needed to release these documents for public and agency review and comment during a 30-day public comment period beginning in early May.
7. Taming Traffic: Context-Sensitive Solutions in the DVRPC Region
Staff will present a recently released study, Taming Traffic: Context-Sensitive Solutions in the DVRPC Region. The report focuses on common traffic calming techniques, their role in context-sensitive solutions, and their application in two case studies in the region.
8. DVRPC Congestion Management Process (CMP)
There will be a brief update on the CMP adopted in November and distribution of the executive summary and report.
9. One Minute Reports
PCC/RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies.
10. Old Business and New Business
11. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the PCC/RTC is May 9, 2006.
1. Highlights of the March 2006 RTC Meeting
2. Report on Citizens Committee Activity
3. TIP Actions, April 2006
NEW JERSEY SUBCOMMITTEE MEETING AND PENNSYLVANIA SUBCOMMITTEE MEETING
(Following full PCC/RTC Meeting and convene concurrently)
1. Discussion of Additional Federal Transit Administration funds for the FY 2007 Transit Support Program (15 minutes) - projects will be selected at a future meeting.
2. Discussion of Potential Testimony for the May 18, 2006 hearing of the Pennsylvania Transportation Funding Reform Commission (45 minutes)
3. Discussion of Pennsylvania Job Access and Reverse Commute Program Project Submissions and Issue Resolution (60 minutes)
New Jersey Subcommittee
1. Discussion of the Congestion Management Process New Jersey Sub-corridors.