Regional Technical Committee
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order – Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director’s Report
3. Public Comments on Agenda and Non-Agenda Items
4. Highlights of the April 9, 2019 RTC Meeting
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY 2019 TIP for PA and the FY 2018 TIP for NJ.
a. PA19-57: Seven Stars Road over French Creek (CB# 190) (Act 13) (MPMS #113098), Chester County – Add New Project to TIP
b. PA19-58: 2019 Philadelphia ADA Ramps (MPMS #12824), City of Philadelphia – Add New Project to TIP
c. PA19-59: PA 309, 5-Points Intersection Improvements (71A) (Old US 202, 5-Points Intersection Improvements (71A)) (MPMS #63493), Montgomery County – Add Project Back into the TIP
d. NJ18-080: Route 130, Charleston Road/Cooper Street (CR 630) to Crafts Creek (DB #12415), Burlington County – Cost Increase
6. Request to Open a Public Comment Period for the Draft FY2020 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for New Jersey; Amendments to the Connections 2045 Long-Range Plan (LRP); the Draft Conformity Finding of the Long-Range Plan (LRP) and TIPs
Staff requests authorization to open a public comment period for the purpose of gathering public and agency comments on the Draft FY2020 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for New Jersey; Draft Amendments to the Connections 2045 Long-Range Plan (LRP); and the Draft Conformity Determination of the Connections 2045 LRP, FY2019 TIP for Pennsylvania, and Draft FY2020 TIP for New Jersey; to issue proper public notifications; to publish the draft documents on the Internet; to make copies available at certain public libraries; and to hold public meetings.
7. Project Selections for the New Jersey Transportation Alternatives Set Aside Program (TA-SA) and Safe Routes to School Program (SRTS)
The NJ TA-SA/SRTS subcommittee used the agreed upon selection criteria for each of the programs to guide the selection process for projects. The committee reviewed 30 TA-SA applications and 15 SRTS applications. They selected projects using approximately $3.8 M in available TA-SA funds and $1.9 M in SRTS funds. DVRPC is seeking a recommendation to add these projects to the FY 2018 New Jersey TIP.
8. Approval of Phase VII Regional Trails Program Grant Awards.
DVRPC will present three additional trail projects selected for funding by the Phase VII selection committee. Funds will come from Round 3 of the Regional Trails Program, capitalized by the William Penn Foundation.
9. Appointment of Nominating Committee for FY2020 DVRPC Regional Technical Committee Officers
A Nominating Committee will be selected to solicit candidates for Chairman and Vice Chairman of the RTC for FY2020 (July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020). The Chairman for FY2020 must be a voting member from New Jersey, and the Vice Chairman must be a voting member from Pennsylvania. The Nominating Committee will report these candidates and elections will take place at the June 2019 RTC meeting.
10. Ben Franklin Bridge South Walkway Project Update - Video
The DRPA/PATCO project engineer gives a tour of the newly expanded and improved south pedestrian walkway, currently under construction. Opening in a few weeks, the new walkway will widen the existing pedestrian walkway and replace the stairwell that was previously on the Camden side of the bridge with a fully ADA compliant ramp.
11. Infrastructure (PM2) and System Performance (PM3) for the Performance Based Planning and Programming (PBPP) Appendix of the DVRPC FY2018 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for New Jersey and the PBPP Chapter of the DVRPC FY2019 TIP for Pennsylvania
The Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act (MAP-21) and subsequent Fixing America’s Surface Transportation (FAST) Act require State DOTs and MPOs to establish and use a performance-based approach to transportation decision making. Staff will discuss the requirement to add language detailing progress towards meeting targets of the Infrastructure (PM2) and System Performance (PM3) Performance Measures in the DVRPC FY2018 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for New Jersey, and the DVRPC FY2019 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for Pennsylvania.
12. PennDOT I-76 Integrated Corridor Management (I-76-ICM) Program
The I-76-ICM Program is located along the I-76 (Schuylkill Expressway) corridor between the Pennsylvania Turnpike (I-276) and US 1. The objective for this project is to implement various measures to reduce congestion and improve safety in the I-76 corridor (expressway and arterials). Solutions are anticipated to include a combination of multi-modal measures that will allow for the ability to dynamically manage recurring and non-recurring congestion based on prevailing and predicted traffic conditions.
13. South Philadelphia Transportation Center Study
DVRPC staff worked with the City of Philadelphia and SEPTA to determine the feasibility of creating a new transit facility in South Philadelphia east of Broad Street, where 9 bus routes currently terminate and layover, but SEPTA does not own a facility. This presentation will share approaches and recommendations including a parcel analysis, survey work, bus operations planning, and transit facility designs.
14. One Minute Reports
RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies.
15. Old Business and New Business
16. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the RTC is Tuesday, June 11, 2019.