Regional Technical Committee
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order – Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director’s Report
3. Public Comments on Agenda and Non-Agenda Items
4. Highlights of the July 12, 2018 RTC Meeting
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY 2017 TIP for PA and the FY 2016 for NJ.
- NJ18-040: Traffic Signal and ATMS Replacement and Upgrade Project, (DB#D1905), Burlington County – Add New Proposed Project to the TIP
- NJ18-041: Thorndyke Street (Route 30/Admiral Wilson Boulevard to Marlton Pike) and Maplewood Street (Thorndyke Street to Somerset Street, (DB#D1904), City of Camden – Add New Proposed Project to the TIP
- NJ18-042: CR 720 (Blue Anchor Road), Route 73 to CR 536 (Cedarbrook/New Brooklyn Road), (DB #D1903), Mercer County – Add New Proposed Project to the TIP
- NJ18-043: Gloucester County First-Generation Traffic Signal Camera Upgrades, (DB #D1902), Gloucester County – Add New Proposed Project to the TIP
- NJ18-044: Mercer County's Electronic Traffic Control Devices Inventory, (DB#D1901), Mercer County – Add New Proposed Project to the TIP
- PA17-102: Bucks County Act 13 Bridges: Clay Ridge Road over Rapp Creek (MPMS #13016), Creek Road over Little Neshaminy Creek (MPMS #103610), and Flushing Road over Branch of Neshaminy Creek (MPMS #103608), Bucks County – Add New Proposed Projects to the TIP
6. Fiscal Year 2019 Planning Work Program Amendments
To respond to the needs of member governments and agencies, work program changes and additions are brought to the RTC to permit the timely undertaking of technical activity.
a. SolSmart Organizational Advisor: Technical Assistance to Municipalities in PA and NJ
DVRPC has been competitively selected to provide free technical assistance to nine communities in the DVRPC region under the SolSmart program: four municipalities and one county in Pennsylvania and three municipalities and one county in New Jersey. SolSmart is a national recognition and no-cost technical assistance program managed by The Solar Foundation and funded through the U.S. Department of Energy’s SunShot Initiative that seeks to aid local governments in reducing the soft costs associated with solar energy installations.
b. Community Forestry Management Plans for Camden, Trenton and Gloucester City
DVRPC will update the 3 cities’ community forestry management plans using updated State guidelines that incorporate the USFS Sustainable Urban Forest guidelines and include new requirements for green infrastructure. This work is part of a larger project entitled "Storms,Sewers & Social Justice:Increasing Resiliency in 2 Sewersheds of the Delaware River Watershed" being conducted in partnership with NJDEP's Urban & Community Forestry Program (NJUCF), the NJ Tree Foundation (NJTF), and Rutgers University Urban Forestry and Water Resources programs to address the needs of these three CSO communities. The project is funded in part with a $306k grant from the US Forest Service.
c. 2045 Regional Airport System Plan (Phase 1): Data Collection Initiative
DVRPC has been awarded a $207,000 grant from the Federal Aviation Administration to develop the 2045 Regional Airport System Plan. This Phase 1 initiative will identify, prioritize, and integrate data sets to create an expanded layer of information, trends, and forecasts for planning, performance, and project prioritization within the aviation planning region. The grant requires a 10% ($23,000) match.
7. University City District TMA Map Funding Request
Staff will present a request to add a new Mobility Alternatives Program (MAP) Contractor in FY19. The University City District has established a TMA and has submitted a work program for TDM work in its service area.
8.PM3 CMAQ Emissions Performance Measures
MPOs are required to adopt CMAQ Emissions targets and develop a baseline performance plan as part of the federally mandated Transportation Performance Management process. DVRPC is collaborating with both state DOTs and other planning partners on the MPO baseline performance report. Staff will review the targets and present highlights of the performance plan.
9.Regional Trails Program Grant Award
DVRPC staff will present one project for a Regional Trails Program grant award. This project will contribute to advancing a key segment of the Circuit Trails in New Jersey.
10. Proposed RTC Meeting Dates for 2019
11.Bike-friendly Resurfacing Program for Southeastern Pennsylvania Suburban Counties
Staff will present on the DVRPC Bicycle LTS and Connectivity Analysis and how we are using its findings under the PennDOT Connects umbrella to collaborate with PennDOT District 6-0 staff, and suburban counties to develop a pipeline of locally-desired in-street bike facility improvements that can be made when state roadways are resurfaced.
12. FY 2020 UPWP Development
13.One Minute Reports
RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies.
14.Old Business and New Business
The next scheduled meeting of the RTC is Tuesday, October 9, 2018.