Regional Technical Committee
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order – Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director’s Report
3. Public Comments on Agenda and Non-Agenda Items
4. Highlights of the June 12, 2018 RTC Meeting
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY 2017 TIP for PA and the FY 2016 for NJ.
- PA17-100: 2018 and 2019 District-Wide High Friction Surface Treatments and Pavement Markings, (MPMS #s 111063 and 111065), Various Counties – Add New Projects to the TIP
- PA17-101: District-Wide Roundabout Program, (MPMS #s 110963, 110958, 110961, 111021, and 111024), Various Counties – Add New Proposed Projects to the TIP
- NJ18-032: Route 206, South Broad Street Bridge over Assunpink Creek, (DB #L064), Mercer County – Add UTL Phase and Delay CON Phase
6. Adoption of Commission's Access to Records Policy
DVRPC’s Records Policy was last updated and adopted by the Board in March 2014. In 2017, the Executive Committee of the DVRPC Board asked staff and co-counsel to re-examine the policy. Based on that research and co-counsel review, the proposed policy includes clearer language about requesting information, is more specific about exemptions, and has a timeline for responses. Staff will present the proposed policy and comments received during the public comment period.
7. Burlington County Highway Master Plan Update
DVRPC and Burlington County have worked closely on this innovative update to the county’s 1989 Highway Master Plan. Its primary components have been incorporated into a dynamic and accessible web application: https://www.dvrpc.org/webmaps/BCHMP/. Staff will demonstrate how this unique, interactive tool identifies conditions, resources, strategies, and ROW characteristics for Burlington County’s transportation network today and in the future.
8. Truck Wayfinding in the City of Chester - Balancing Community and Business Needs
Freight movement is a driving force of the economy in the City of Chester. DVRPC staff will highlight recommended strategies to facilitate the efficient movement of heavy trucks between local businesses and the regional roadway network, while minimizing potentially negative impacts on residents.
9. Camden Health Element "Roadshow"
DVRPC, in partnership with the City of Camden, is currently developing a Health Element for the City's Master Plan. The Camden Health Element will provide a high-level vision and concrete strategies to promote health as a priority for Camden’s future growth and development. As part of our outreach efforts, staff have been meeting with community and stakeholder groups in Camden to share our work, specifically the Camden Health Element Story Map, and better understand their vision for a healthy Camden.
10. Performance-Based Planning and Programming (PBPP) Chapter for the DVRPC FY2018 TIP for NJ
The Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act (MAP-21) and subsequent Fixing America’s Surface Transportation (FAST) Act require State DOTs and MPOs to establish and use a performance-based approach to transportation decision making. Safety is the first national goal identified in the FAST Act and has the earliest deadline for addressing progress towards meeting targets in the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP). Per federal guidance, DVRPC must add text describing NJDOT’s Statewide Safety Goals and Targets to the DVRPC FY2018 TIP for NJ.
11. One Minute Reports
RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies.
12. Old Business and New Business
13. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the RTC is Tuesday, September 11, 2018.