Regional Technical Committee
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
10:00 a.m. Planning Coordinating Committee & Regional Transportation Committee Meeting
12:00 Noon Lunch
1:00 p.m. New Jersey Long-Range Plan Subcommittee Meeting
1. Call to Order - Chairman's Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director's Report
3. Report on Regional Citizens Committee Activities
4. Highlights of the Meeting of February 10, 2009
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP.
a. PA09-25: PA 41, Gap Newport Pike over Valley Creek Bridge Replacement Project (MPMS# 69917), Chester County - Add Final Design
6. Project Selection for PA Regional Safety Initiatives Line Item PA TIP MPMS# 57927
Staff will present the four safety projects to be recommended for funding through the PA Safety Initiatives Line Item in the TIP, using HSIP funding. These projects are outgrowths of Road Safety Audits performed by DVRPC and regional stakeholders. Three of the locations are deemed “Top 5" crash locations by FHWA, and one is eligible as a high risk rural road.
7. Fiscal Year 2009 Planning Work Program Amendments
To respond to the needs of member governments and agencies, work program changes and additions are brought to the PCC/RTC to permit the timely undertaking of technical activity.
a. Quakertown Rail Restoration Study, Part II
b. US 422 River Crossing Complex Traffic Study, Supplement 1
8. FY 10 Pennsylvania Transportation Management Association (TMA) Assistance Grant and Mobility Alternatives Program Work Program Approval
The TMA work programs were released for comment in February, and revised scopes have been submitted along with full applications for FY 10 funding. Staff will present an overview of the revised scopes and will request that the RTC recommend Board approval.
9. Approval of FY10 Job Access Reverse Commute (JARC) and New Freedom Funding Recommendations
The Pennsylvania CHSTP Selection Committee met on February 20, 2009 to recommend a list of projects for FY 10 FTA Job Access and Reverse Commute (JARC) and New Freedom (NF) grant, and is now requesting that the RTC confirm these recommendations for Board approval. For the JARC program, between $6.5 and $7.2 million of FTA and PennDOT funds will be allocated and about $1.3 million for the NF program. As the total amount of the PennDOT match has not been determined, additional coordination is occurring to clarify the available funding and recommended projects. The outcome of these discussions will be available at the RTC meeting.
10. PennVEST Application Review
DVRPC is reviewing 23 PennVEST applications (distributed throughout the five Pennsylvania counties) to ensure that they are consistent with city, county, and regional land use plans. Staff will provide an overview of the submitted applications, as well as staff recommendations.
11. South Jersey Transportation Guide Using Google Maps
Cross County Connection TMA will demonstrate an interactive Google Map that is currently hosted on their website. The map shows locations of bicycle routes, connecting transportation service, park and ride lots, as well as panoramic views of select locations and live traffic feed. Information hosted on the map was derived from GIS data and includes transportation information for all Southern New Jersey Counties.
12. Context Sensitive Solutions in the DVRPC Region
Staff will present this annual study that provides context sensitive solutions for two case study locations in the region. This year's study focuses on a portion of Bethlehem Pike in Montgomery County and a segment of East Atlantic Avenue in Camden County. The study team worked closely with local stakeholders to identify key issues along each corridor, an improvement plan including context-sensitive solutions, cost estimates for the recommendations, and funding sources available to move this conceptual study forward to implementation.
13. One Minute Reports
PCC/RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies.
14. Old Business and New Business
15. Meeting Adjournment The next scheduled meeting of the PCC/RTC is Tuesday, April 7, 2009.
1. Minutes of the February 17, 2009 RCC Meeting
2. Highlights of the February 10, 2009 RTC Meeting
3. TIP Actions, March 2009