Regional Technical Committee
10:00 AM Meeting
12:00 Noon Lunch
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
10:00 a.m. Planning Coordinating Committee & Regional Transportation Committee Meeting
12:00 Noon Lunch
1:00 p.m. NJ Subcommittee
2:00 p.m. CMP Advisory Committee
1. Call to Order - Chairman's Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director's Report
3. Report on Regional Citizens Committee Activities
4. Highlights of the Meeting of September 11, 2007
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. As situations arise, the PCC/RTC is asked to consider changes.
a. PA07-63: Capital Assistance for Purchase of Accessible Small Transit Vehicles Section 5310 Program (MPMS #62150), PennDOT's Bureau of Public Transportation - Proposed Project
b. PA07-65: I-476 Reconstruction, Chemical Rd. to I-76 (RES) (MPMS #16737), Montgomery County - Increase of Interstate Management Program/Reduction of Regional TIP
6. PCC/RTC Meeting Dates for 2008
A set of proposed meeting dates for the PCC/RTC for calendar year 2008 will be submitted to the committee for its consideration.
7. Delaware County Bicycle Plan
Justin Dula (Delaware County) will present Delaware County's Bicycle Plan, which will be adopted as a component of the Delaware County Comprehensive Plan. The Plan focuses on ways to increase bicycle transportation in Delaware County, and takes a comprehensive approach focusing on the four E's of engineering, encouragement, education, and enforcement. The Plan identifies a priority Bicycle Network for on road routes, but embraces a Complete Streets policy for all new, resurfaced, or reconstructed roads in the County.
8. Transportation Systems Management and Operations
DVRPC, with assistance from PennDOT and NJDOT, initiated a project that examined Transportation Systems Management and Operations for two transportation corridors in the region. The goal of the project was to identify various management and operations deficiencies and develop possible mitigation strategies designed to preserve capacity and improve security, safety, and reliability of the transportation system along the chosen corridors. Staff will present findings from the New Jersey corridor.
9. Southeastern Pennsylvania Emergency Evacuation Transportation Plan
The Southeastern Pennsylvania Regional Counterterrorism Task Force has received a $500,000 Department of Homeland Security (DHS) grant to develop an Emergency Evacuation Transportation Plan for the five-county Pennsylvania region. The Task Force's Emergency Evacuation Transportation Committee developed an RFP and selected a consultant team. Staff will provide an overview of the project.
10. FY 2009 Transit Support Program (TSP) and the Supportive Regional Highway Planning Program (SRHPP) Special Studies
Each year additional monies are made available in the TSP and SRHPP for studies outside of the core work program efforts. Staff will present the project descriptions that were submitted and will review the selection schedule.
11. New SAFETEA-LU Requirement for the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
Staff will provide information regarding the requirement for Year of Expenditure cost estimates for the TIP as regulated by SAFETEA-LU.
Staff will give an update on TransitChek sales and activities, as well as the new TransitChek Select premium program.
13. One Minute Reports
PCC/RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies
14. Old Business and New Business
15. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the PCC/RTC is November 13, 2007
1. Reports on Regional Citizens Committee Activity for September 2007
2. Highlights of the September 11, 2007 RTC Meeting
3. TIP Actions, October, 2007
4. Proposed Year 2008 RTC meeting dates