Regional Technical Committee
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order – Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director’s Report
3. Public Comments on Agenda and Non-Agenda Items
4. Highlights of the Meeting of June 7, 2016
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY 2015 TIP for PA and FY16 NJ TIP.
- PA15-92: I-95 Columbia Avenue to Ann Street (GR1), (MPMS #79686), City of Philadelphia – ROW Increase
- PA15-93: Repurposing of Unobligated Earmark Balances, (Various MPMS #s), Various Counties in Pennsylvania
- NJ16-043: Repurposing of Unobligated Earmark Balances, (Various DB #s), Various Counties in New Jersey
6. 2045 Population Forecasts
As a part of our long-range planning activities, DVRPC is required to maintain forecasts with at least a 20-year horizon, or to the horizon year of the long-range plan. In recent months, staff has worked collaboratively with county planning staffs to develop population forecasts in five-year increments through 2045. Staff will present the 2045 population forecasts, and request that the RTC recommend that the DVRPC Board adopt the forecasts as presented at their July 28th meeting.
7. Long-Range Plan Amendment
The I-76 Integrated Corridor Management Program is proposed as an amendment to the list of fiscally-constrained transportation investments in the Connections 2040 Long-Range Plan. Staff will provide an overview of the project, as well as a summary of the public comment process. Staff will request that the RTC recommend the Board approve the amendment.
8. Recommendation for Adoption of Conformity Determination of the Connections 2040 Long-Range Plan and FY 2017–2020 TIP for Pennsylvania
DVRPC is demonstrating conformity for the Connections 2040 Long-Range Plan (Plan) and FY 2017 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for Pennsylvania. This demonstration is necessitated by an amendment to the Long-Range Plan, and a new TIP for Pennsylvania. A public comment period was held from June 3, 2016 to July 5, 2016 and a public meeting was held on June 21, 2016. Staff will present the results of the Transportation Conformity Determination and request that the RTC recommend that the DVRPC Board adopt the findings at the July 28, 2016 Board meeting.
9. FY17 PA TIP Adoption and FY17 PA TIP MOU
Federal law and planning regulations require the development of a Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) in order for the metropolitan region to be eligible to receive and spend federal transportation funds. The creation of the TIP is to be done by the MPO in cooperation with the state and transit operators, and must provide opportunity for input and comment by the public. A 30-day comment period must be conducted prior to a formal action to adopt the TIP. For the Draft DVRPC FY2017 TIP for PA, staff will present an overview of the program, comments received during the public comment period, any recommended changes, an update to the MOU for Procedures on Amending and Modifying the TIP, and will ask the RTC to recommend the Board approve final adoption.
10. DVRPC Competitive CMAQ Program for Pennsylvania (FY 2017-FY 2020) Recommended Projects
Staff will present the list of projects recommended to be funded through the 2016 DVRPC Competitive Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement Program (CMAQ) for Pennsylvania. CMAQ funding has been set aside in the FY 2017 Draft Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for Pennsylvania and staff is recommending that 17 projects be funded for a total of $20.9 million. In order to be eligible for CMAQ funding, projects must contribute to the improvement of regional air quality or reduce traffic congestion. This list represents a diverse set of project types throughout the region. The projects were selected through an open solicitation and selection process. Staff will request the RTC to recommend that the Board approve the list of projects.
11. One Minute Reports
RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies
12. Old Business and New Business
13. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the RTC is Tuesday, September 13, 2016.
- Highlights of the June 7, 2016 RTC Meeting
- TIP Actions, July, 2016
- 2045 Population Forecasts
- Long-Range Plan Amendment
- FY17 PA TIP Adoption and FY17 PA TIP MOU
- DVRPC Competitive CMAQ Program for Pennsylvania (FY 2017- FY 2020) Recommended Projects