Regional Technical Committee
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order – Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director’s Report
3. Public Comments on Agenda and Non-Agenda Items
4. Highlights of the Meeting of May 10, 2016
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY 2015 TIP for PA and FY16 NJ TIP.
- PA15-90: SEPTA Bus Purchase Program, (MPMS #90512), SEPTA - Increase Program Cost
- NJ16-039: Rt. 206, Bridges over Stony Brook, (DB #16354), Mercer County – Add a Study and Development Graduate/Proposed Project
- NJ16-042: River LINE Tier 4 Engine Retrofit Project, (DB #T701), NJ TRANSIT – Add Proposed Project
6. Fiscal Year 2016 Planning Work Program Amendment
To respond to the needs of member governments and agencies, work program changes and additions are brought to the RTC to permit the timely undertaking of technical activity.
Permanent Bicycle and Pedestrian Counters
Staff requests amendment of the work program and authorization to accept a $19,250 grant from the Pennsylvania Environmental Council for three additional permanent bicycle and pedestrian counters: two on the D&L Canal Trail in Bucks County and one on the Schuylkill River Trail in Montgomery County.
7. Approval of Congestion Management Process (CMP) Supplemental Commitment Table
Four road capacity-adding projects in the Draft FY2017-2020 TIP for Pennsylvania require RTC action to be consistent with the CMP. The action is to approve the supplemental commitment tables for the Bristol Road Extension, PA 309 Connector Phase 2, and US 30 Coatesville Downingtown Bypass Eastern and Western section projects.
8. FY 2017 TCDI Projects
DVRPC solicited applications for the FY 2017 Transportation and Community Development Initiative (TCDI) grant program in March 2016. Staff will present the recommended projects for funding.
9. New Jersey Regional Trails Program Grant Awards
DVRPC will present six projects for trail grant awards in New Jersey, including two in Mercer County, two in Camden County, one in Burlington County, and one in Gloucester County. These projects will contribute to advancing key segments of the Circuit Trails network in South Jersey.
10. Third Amendment to the New Jersey Memorandum of Understanding for Exchange of Program Funds for Federal Fiscal Year 2014 through 2018
Staff will present a recommendation for adoption of an Amendment to the Memorandum of Understanding among NJ TRANSIT, NJDOT, and the three Metropolitan Planning Organizations (NJTPA, DVRPC, and SJTPO). The MOU provides the general parameters of the Five-Year (FY2014 to FY2018) exchange of State Transportation Trust Fund (TTF) for an equal portion of federal Surface Transportation Program (STP) funds among agencies. The Amendment proposes a total exchange of $89.5 million ($70.5 million from NJTPA, $11.5 million from DVRPC, and $7.5 million from SJTPO) in FY2017.
11. Annual Self-Certification of the Regional Transportation Planning Process
Federal regulations require that Metropolitan Planning Organizations self- certify that the Regional Transportation Planning Process is carried out in conformance with applicable federal regulations. Staff will request an RTC recommendation for Board approval.
12. Election of Fiscal Year 2017 Regional Technical Committee Officers
The RTC nominating committee will present a slate of candidates for FY 2017.
13. One Minute Reports
RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies
14. Old Business and New Business
15. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the RTC is Tuesday, July 12, 2016.
- Highlights of the May 10, 2016 RTC Meeting
- TIP Actions, June, 2016
- FY16 Work Program Amendment: Permanent Bicycle and Pedestrian Counters
- CMP Supplemental Commitment Table
- FY 2017 TCDI Projects
- Board highlights – May 2016