Regional Technical Committee Agenda
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order – Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director’s Report
3. Public Comments on Agenda and Non-Agenda Items
4. Highlights of the Meeting of April 12, 2016
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY 2015 TIP for PA and FY16 NJ TIP.
- PA15-84: Downingtown Train Station Rehabilitation, (MPMS #93586), PennDOT (Chester County) – Add Proposed New Project
- NJ16-030: Gloucester County Multi-Purpose Trail Extension - Glassboro Elk Trail, (DB #D1203), Gloucester County – Add and Delay Phases
- NJ16-034: Streetscape Improvements along Clements Bridge Road (NJ 41), Phase 4, (DB #1603), Camden County – Proposed New Breakout Project
6. DVRPC Regional Trails Program Grant Awards
This proposed action is to award grants to 1) the Philadelphia Department of Parks and Recreation to reconstruct the Martin Luther King Drive multi-use trail and 2) Delaware County to design and engineer Phase II of the Chester Creek Trail. Both grant awards were developed in conjunction with their respective county sponsors and received support from the PA County Circuit Working Group. Funding will be provided through DVRPC’s William Penn Foundation-funded Regional Trails Program.
7. Appointment of Nominating Committee for FY2017 DVRPC Regional Technical Committee Officers
A Nominating Committee will be selected to solicit candidates for Chairman and Vice Chairman of the RTC for FY2017 (July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2017). The Chairman for FY2017 must be a voting member from Pennsylvania, and the Vice Chairman must be a voting member from New Jersey. The Nominating Committee will report these candidates and elections will take place at the June 2016 RTC meeting.
8. Traffic Safety Initiatives in the City of Philadelphia
City of Philadelphia staff will summarize recent initiatives, both broad and localized, in the City to elevate the importance of traffic safety in 2016 and beyond.
9. SEPTA King of Prussia Rail Project
SEPTA will present an update on the King of Prussia Rail Project, a planned extension of the Norristown High Speed Line to King of Prussia. The project recently held a series of public meetings to announce a recommended Locally Preferred Alternative for the project. SEPTA is expected to release the Draft Environmental Impact Statement later this year.
10. MAP-21 Performance Measures
A key feature of MAP-21 was the establishment of a performance- and outcome-based program, which will continue under the FAST ACT. The objective of this performance- and outcome-based program is for States and MPOs to invest resources in projects that collectively will make progress toward the achievement of national goals. Staff will provide an overview of the following MAP-21 performance measures which are in various states of rulemaking: pavement and bridge condition, traffic congestion and freight movement, system performance, fatalities and serious injuries, and on-road mobile source emissions for CMAQ-funded projects.
11. One Minute Reports
RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies
12. Old Business and New Business
13. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the RTC is Tuesday, June 7, 2016.
- Highlights of the April 12, 2016 RTC Meeting
- TIP Actions, May, 2016
- Board highlights – April 2016