Regional Technical Committee
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order – Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director’s Report
3. Public Comments on Agenda and Non-Agenda Items
4. Highlights of the Meeting of March 8, 2016
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY 2015 TIP for PA.
- PA15-82: Chestnut Street Bridges, Ramps, (8) at 30th Street, (MPMS #17816), City of Philadelphia – Add Phases & Cost Increase
- PA15-83: Portzer Road at Old Bethlehem Roundabout, (MPMS #49315), Bucks County – Add Project Back into TIP
- NJ16-019: Route 130, Van Sciver Pkwy to Crafts Creek, (DB #12415), Burlington County – Add & Delay Phases
- NJ16-020: Route 295/42, Missing Moves, Bellmawr, (DB #355A), Camden County – Cost Increase
- NJ16-021: Route 70, Route 38 to Cropwell Road, (DB #11338), Burlington & Camden Counties – Cost Increase & Advance ROW Phase
6. Authorization to Open a Public Comment Period for an Amendment to the Connections 2040 Long-Range Plan; Draft FY 2017 TIP for Pennsylvania; and the Draft Conformity Finding of the Connections 2040 Long-Range Plan, FY 2016 TIP for New Jersey, and Draft FY 2017 TIP for Pennsylvania
Staff requests authorization to open a minimum 30-day public comment period for the purpose of gathering public and agency comments on the amendment to the Connections 2040 Long-Range Plan, Draft FY 2017-2020 TIP for Pennsylvania, and the Draft Conformity Determination of the Connections 2040 Long-Range Plan, and FY 2016 TIP for New Jersey, and Draft FY 2017 TIP for Pennsylvania; to issue proper public notifications; to publish the draft documents of the respective Plan and TIPs and conformity findings on the internet; to make copies available at certain public libraries; and to hold public meetings.
7. Trail Access to Wawa Station Feasibility Study
DVRPC conducted the Trail Access to Wawa Station study in partnership with DCPD, SEPTA, Middletown Township and others to investigate the feasibility of developing trail connections between the Chester Creek Trail, the planned Wawa Regional Rail Station, the Franklin Mint Redevelopment Site, Wawa’s Corporate Headquarters, the Octoraro rail ROW, and the Rocky Run Trail. Staff will present the preferred option chosen.
8. DVRPC Regional Cyclical Bicycle Count Program Summary, 2014/2015
Staff will share outcomes from DVRPC’s cyclical bicycle count program, which began in 2014 and is an ongoing effort. Counts taken from 150 regional locations will be shared, as well as a program summary, and next steps.
9. Regional bike planning and design: new tools, new initiatives
Staff will update the RTC on the state of in-street bike improvements throughout the region, including examples of new treatment types constructed or in the pipeline. We will also brief the RTC on a new regional Bicycle Occupancy Permit (BOP) pilot initiative being developed with PennDOT, and an FY2017 Work Program project that will inform future project prioritization.
10. PA Transportation Alternatives Program (TAP)
The DVRPC Board, at its March meeting, approved a set PA TAP applications to be funded through DVRPC’s regionally allocated funding. The Board also recommended to PennDOT a set of projects to be funded through PennDOT's statewide competition. DVRPC staff will present the selection process and the lists of projects.
11. One Minute Reports
RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies
12. Old Business and New Business
13. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the RTC is Tuesday, May 10, 2016.
- Highlights of the March 8, 2016 RTC Meeting
- TIP Actions, April 12, 2016
- PA TAP Recommended Project List
- Board highlights – February 2016