Regional Technical Committee
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order – Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director’s Report
3. Public Comments on Agenda and Non-Agenda Items
4. Highlights of the Meeting of February 9, 2016
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following project requires formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY 2015 TIP for PA.
- PA15-78: Statewide Green Light-Go Funded Projects, (Various MPMS #s), Various Counties – Add Proposed New Projects to the TIP
- PA15-79: Villanova Pedestrian Bridge, (MPMS #15444), Delaware County – Add Proposed New Project to the TIP
6. FY 2017 Transportation Management Association (TMA) Assistance Grant Program and Mobility Alternatives Program (MAP) Final Applications
TMA and MAP contractors are required to apply for this grant funding annually. Draft Work Programs were reviewed by PennDOT, the DVRPC TMA Policy Committee, and Staff. All comments were incorporated, and full applications are ready for approval. Staff will present a brief overview of both programs.
7. Transportation Planning and Programming Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission (DVRPC) and the South Jersey Transportation Planning Organization (SJTPO)
Because portions of the Philadelphia Urbanized Area and portions of the Vineland Urbanized Area extend across MPO boundaries, DVRPC and SJTPO propose to enter into a Memorandum of Understanding regarding the transportation planning and programming responsibilities for these Urbanized Areas. This MOU will be updated following each decennial census and the development of new Urbanized Areas by the US Census Bureau. Staff will present the MOU and ask the RTC to recommend Board approval.
8. 2045: Greater Philadelphia Future Forces
As the first component of the next long-range plan update, DVRPC worked collaboratively with a group of regional stakeholder experts to identify the most significant forces of change for Greater Philadelphia. These forces were analyzed as scenarios to highlight how the region may change over the next 30 years, and the group identified actions to better respond to these forces. Staff will present highlights from the report and an overview of planned public outreach efforts.
9. Update on Air Quality Initiatives
DVRPC has a number of active air quality improvement initiatives currently underway. Staff will give a brief update on the status of the Delaware County Non-attainment area, the Chester City Heavy Duty Vehicle Routes Project, the Landside Ports Emissions Inventory, and upcoming grant opportunities.
10. Newton Lake Trail Feasibility Study:
The Newton Lake Trail Feasibility Study was conducted by DVRPC staff in collaboration with Camden County, the Camden County Parks Department, and the Borough of Oaklyn, New Jersey. The study includes a comprehensive analysis and conceptual design for a trail extension in the southwest portion of Newton Lake Park that would link existing multi-use paths to create a loop for bicycle and pedestrian use.
11. One Minute Reports
RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies
12. Old Business and New Business
13. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the RTC is Tuesday, April 12, 2016.
- Highlights of the February 9, 2016 RTC Meeting
- TIP Actions, March 8, 2016
- Transportation Planning and Programming Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission (DVRPC) and the South Jersey Transportation Planning Organization (SJTPO)
- Board highlights – February 2016