10:00 a.m. Planning Coordinating Committee & Regional Transportation Committee Meeting
12:00 Noon Lunch
1:00 p.m. Optional Tour of Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) Control Center
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. As situations arise, the PCC/RTC is asked to consider changes.
a. PA07-37: Deferrals Resulting in Technical Deletions from the TIP, (MPMS #'s 14337, 14587, 13742, 13342)
1) Harmonyville Road over French Creek Bridge Replacement Project, (MPMS #14337), Chester County
2) Springton Road over Indian Run Bridge Replacement Project, (MPMS #14587), Chester County
3) Hellertown Road over Cooks Creek Bridge Replacement Project, (MPMS #13742), Bucks County
4) Delaware River over Delaware Canal Bridge Replacement Project, (MPMS #13342), Bucks County
b. PA07-43: US 202 Interim Bridge Repair Project (Proposed New Project) (MPMS #80208), Chester County
c. PA07-44: Point Pleasant Pike over PA Canal Bridge Replacement (MPMS #13245), Bucks County
d. PA07-45: Old Bethlehem Road over Cooks Creek Bridge Replacement Project (MPMS #73009), Bucks County
e. PA07-47: Upper Dublin Township Street Improvement Project, (Proposed New DEMO Project) (MPMS # 74814), Montgomery County
f. PA07-48a: North Delaware Avenue Extension/Bridesburg (MPMS #46956), Philadelphia
g. PA07-48b: Frankford Avenue Streetscape Improvement Project, (Proposed New DEMO Project) (MPMS #TBD), Philadelphia
h. PA07-48c: Schuylkill River Park Rail Crossings, (Proposed New DEMO Project) (MPMS #74829), Philadelphia
i. PA07-48d: Please Touch Museum, (Proposed New DEMO Project) (MPMS #74825), Philadelphia
6. Fiscal Year 2008 Planning Work Program Amendments
To respond to the needs of member governments and agencies, work program changes and additions are brought to the PCC/RTC to permit the timely undertaking of technical activity.
a. I-95/Columbus Boulevard Traffic Study (I-676 to I-76)
b. Ambler Transit Revitalization Investment District (TRID) Plan
7. US 202, Section 700 Parkway: Proposed Revisions to the National Highway System (NHS)
In order to reflect changes in the classification of the future and existing US 202
highways, the US 202, Section 700 Parkway upon construction will be added to the National Highway System (NHS) and the existing section of US 202 will be removed from the NHS. The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) administers this process according to criteria detailed in 23 CFR 470 Federal Aid Highway Systems. As a part of the process to change the US 202 NHS designations, the DVRPC Board is required to take action in support of the proposed changes. The RTC is being asked to recommend to the Board the approval of the proposed revisions to the NHS.
8. FY 2007 Transportation & Community Development Initiative (TCDI) Projects
Staff will present the recommended TCDI projects for FY 2007.
9. Adoption of Improving Access to Opportunities in the Delaware Valley Region: Coordinated Human Services Transportation Plan (CHSTP)
Under the new Safe Accountable Flexible and Efficient Transportation Equity Act-A Legacy Act for Users (SAFETEA-LU) regulations, the previous Job Access and Reverse Commute (JARC) Program has now been made a component of a new CHSTP. Staff will present the new plan and required elements for adoption.
10. Revisions to the Destination 2030 Long Range Plan
The Destination 2030 Long Range Plan was adopted under TEA-21. Staff has worked with federal, state and regional stakeholders to revise the Plan to meet the requirements of SAFETEA-LU. Staff will review the highlights of the draft document that is currently in the public comment period and ask for a recommendation for Board adoption of the revisions.
11. Conformity Determination of the Destination 2030 Long Range Plan, FY 2008-2011 New Jersey TIP, and FY 2007-2010 Pennsylvania TIP
DVRPC is required to conduct a new conformity determination of the Plan and TIP due to: revisions to make the Long Range Plan SAFETEA-LU compliant; a new FY 2008 TIP for New Jersey; and updates to the FY 2007 TIP for Pennsylvania. DVRPC has successfully demonstrated transportation conformity, and draft findings are in the midst of a 30-day public comment period.
12. State Implementation Plan (SIP) Air Quality Conformity Memorandum of Agreement (MOA)
The Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (PA DEP) and Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) have prepared a revision to the Transportation Conformity State Implementation Plan. This plan revision details the process that will be used to perform conformity determinations in Pennsylvania. PennDOT has requested that the MOA with PennDOT and DEP will serve as the legal basis for enforcing the SIP. Staff will review the MOA and ask for a recommendation for Board authorization to sign the MOA.
13. Letter of Support for Increasing the Federal Limit of the Transit Benefit
Staff will present a draft letter from DVRPC's Executive Director to Congress in support of proposed legislation that includes raising the federal cap of the transit benefit to a level in parity with the current parking benefit. Such a move would provide greater incentive to use transit as a main commute method instead of driving alone.
14. DVRPC's Regional Safety Action Plan
SAFETEA-LU has made transportation safety a separate planning factor. In accordance, DVRPC has revamped and expanded its transportation safety program and developed a Regional Safety Action Plan. This Plan is developed in coordination with the Regional Safety Task Force and addresses region-specific transportation safety issues. Draft revisions to Destination 2030 points to the Regional Safety Action Plan in satisfying SAFETEA-LU safety mandates. The RTC is being asked to recommend that the DVRPC Board adopt the Regional Safety Action Plan.
15. PA Functional Classification - Technical Corrections
PennDOT Central Office has identified a few technical corrections that are needed to the functional classification of roadways in three counties within the DVRPC region. The RTC is being asked to recommend that the Board approve these technical corrections to the Pennsylvania Functional Classification of roadways.
16. SEPTA Train View
Ron Hopkins, SEPTA Chief Control Center Officer, will present Train View - a new SEPTA website feature that offers up-to-date regional rail train status information to its customers. This presentation will also review additional real time train information features that will be available to customers.
17. Port Authority Transit Corporation (PATCO) Freedom Card
PATCO is in the process of replacing its almost forty year old legacy fare collection system with a modern system that includes the use of Smart Cards and new magnetic paper tickets. Some of the new equipment has been installed in all PATCO stations and is being used by a control group of PATCO customers and employees as part of a pilot phase. Full implementation will begin upon successful completion for the pilot. Mr. Bob Box, Delaware River Port Authority (DRPA), will provide an overview of the new system and status of the project.
18. New Jersey Local Aid Funding
A discussion concerning future funding levels under the New Jersey Local Aid program that provides funding to counties and municipalities for local roads and bridges.
19. One Minute Reports
PCC/RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies.
20. Old Business and New Business
21. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the PCC/RTC is June 12, 2007.
1. Report on Citizens Committee Activity
2. Highlights of the April 3, 2007 RTC Meeting
3. TIP Actions, May 2007
4. Announcement for Public Review of the DVRPC Draft FY08 TIP for New Jersey
5. FY08 Planning Work Program Amendments
6. US 202, Section 700 Parkway: Proposed Revisions to the National Highway System
7. Round 5 FY07 Recommended TCDI Projects
8. Revisions to Destination 2030
9. Draft Conformity Findings
10. Transportation Conformity SIP Revision Suggested Talking Points
11. Letter of Support for Increasing the Federal Limit of the Transit Benefit
12. DVRPC Technical Corrections to PA Functional Classification