Regional Technical Committee
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order – Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director’s Report
3. Public Comments on Agenda and Non-Agenda Items
4. Highlights of the Meeting of November 10, 2015
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects requires formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY 2015 TIP for PA and the FY 2016 for NJ.
- PA15-68: I-95, Columbia Avenue to Ann Street (GR1), (MPMS #79686), City of Philadelphia – Cost Increase
- NJ16-003: CR 583, US 206 (Princeton Ave) and CR 645 (Brunswick Circle Extension) Roundabout, (DB# 04314), Mercer County – Include New Project to DB #04314 in the TIP
- PA15-70: Penn’s Landing Project Development (Study), (MPMS #106264), City of Philadelphia – Add Proposed New Study to the TIP
6. DVRPC Fiscal Year 2017 Work Program
The Draft Planning Work Program for FY 2017 was approved by the Board on December 9th, 2015 for distribution and review, with the public comment period scheduled to close on January 15, 2016. DVRPC staff is in the process of responding to comments that have been received and are working to resolve any open issues. After Board adoption, relevant revisions will continue to be incorporated into the Work Program and the Final document will be produced. The RTC is being asked to recommend that the Board adopt the Final FY 2017 Planning Work Program, pending the resolution of any outstanding comments and issues.
7. Enhanced Bus Service on West Chester Pike
DVRPC conducted this study to improve the quality and effectiveness of bus service on West Chester Pike between West Chester Borough and the 69th Street Transportation Center in Upper Darby. The study team developed an operational concept for Enhanced Bus Service (EBS) along the corridor that includes consolidated stops, improved passenger amenities, and branded service.
8. Cultivating Camden: The City’s Food Economy Strategy
Created in partnership with the Campbell Healthy Communities Program and The Reinvestment Fund, Cultivating Camden: The City’s Food Economy Strategy, analyzes the city’s current food system and food economy, acknowledging the challenges that residents face in accessing healthy food, while at the same time making recommendations to grow food as an economic sector; increase opportunities for food entrepreneurs; engage Camden’s institutions; and support organizations already working to increase access to healthy food, healthcare, and job opportunities.
9. Making Freight Data More Accessible
Through a grant from FHWA’s Strategic Highway Research Program’s Implementation Assistance Program, DVRPC has further developed its ongoing freight data collection and analysis practices. The recently completed DVRPC project led to the significant enhancement of the PhillyFreightFinder application, the successful integration of 13 new data sets, and the development of visualization tools that more effectively serve planners and decision makers.
10. One Minute Reports
RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies
11. Old Business and New Business
12. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the RTC is Tuesday, February 9, 2016.
- Highlights of the November 10, 2015 RTC Meeting
- TIP Actions, January 2016
- Board highlights – December 2015