10:00 a.m. Meeting
190 N. Independence Mall West
10:00 a.m. Planning Coordinating Committee & Regional Transportation Committee Meeting
12:00 Noon Lunch
1:00 p.m. Regional Transit Advisory Committee (RTAC)
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. As situations arise, the PCC/RTC is asked to consider changes.
a. NJ07-16: Mercer County Reflective Pavement Markings/Roadway Safety Improvements (DB #D0402)
1) US 202, Morris Road to PA 63, Hancock Road (Sec. 65S), (MPMS #63491), Montgomery County
2) US 202, Swedesford Road to Route 29 (Sec. 320), (MPMS #64494), Chester County
3) US 30, Lancaster Avenue and Waterloo Road, (MPMS #14296), Chester County
4) Pickering Road over Pickering Creek Bridge Replacement (Bridge #315), (MPMS #14492), Chester County
5) Darby/Paoli Road over Little Darby Creek Bridge Replacement, (MPMS #14891), Delaware County
c. PA07-35a: US 202, US 30 to North Valley Road (Sec. 311) Four (4) Overhead Bridges, (MPMS #65613), Chester County d. PA07-35b: Route 322,Commodore Barry Bridge and I-95 2nd Street Interchange (MPMS # 57780), Delaware County
e. PA07-35c: US 202, TR 252 to US 30 (Sec. 300 Design), (MPMS #13945),
f. PA07-35d: Gulph Road over Trout Run Bridge Replacement, (MPMS #57678), Chester County
g. PA07-36: Whitemarsh Township Street Improvements (Proposed New DEMO Project), (MPMS #74937/74816), Montgomery County
h. PA07-37: North Delaware Avenue Extension (MPMS # 46956, Philadelphia)
Note: Also Attached for your information are Administrative Actions from NJDOT and SEPTA.
6. Benjamin Franklin Parkway Transaction Enhancement Project
The Center City District (CCD) in conjunction with District 6-0 is requesting $750,000 from the Secretary's Transportation Enhancement Discretionary funds for additional landscape enhancements of the Benjamin Franklin Parkway. The improvements for phase 2 include the creation of a new public plaza in the park that will accommodate a new Parkway Visitor's Information Center co-located with a café.
7. JFK Boulevard Clock Project
The Schuylkill River Development Corporation (SRDC) in conjunction with District 6-0 is requesting $28,750 from the Secretary's Transportation Enhancement Discretionary funds for the purchase and installation of pedestal mounted clock. This project is located outside of Amtrak's 30th Street Train Station on the west side of the intersection of JFK Boulevard and Schuylkill Avenue in the City of Philadelphia.
8. Fiscal Year 2007 Planning Work Program Amendments
To respond to the needs of member governments and agencies, work program changes and additions are brought to the PCC/RTC to permit the timely undertaking of technical activity.
a. Princeton Junction Station Transit Oriented Development (TOD)
b. Dots and Dashes: Game Playing for Long Range Consensus Building
9. Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for DVRPC and SEPTA
A MOU between DVRPC and SEPTA is being advanced to cooperatively define their mutual responsibilities in carrying out the metropolitan transportation planning process. From time to time this MOU may require changes to improve, clarify, or streamline the process. The RTC/PCC will be asked to recommend to the Board the approval of the MOU.
10. Principles for Transportation Funding Reform in Pennsylvania
In response to both the December 2006 report of the Pennsylvania Transportation and Reform Commission, and the message and specific recommendations from Governor Ed Rendell as presented at the March 22, 2007 DVRPC Board meeting, the DVRPC Board has drafted a set of Principles for Transportation Funding Reform in Pennsylvania. The RTC is being asked to recommend to the Board the adoption on the Principles for Transportation Funding Reform in Pennsylvania at the April 26, 2007 Board meeting.
11. FY 2007 NJ Job Access and Reverse Commute (JARC) Grant Program.
Staff will present the prioritized list of NJ JARC projects for Rounds 8 and 9 of the FTA JARC Program.
12. Appointment of Nominating Committee for FY 2008 DVRPC PCC/RTC Officers
A Nominating Committee will be selected to appoint candidates for Chairman and Vice Chairman for the PCC/RTC for Fiscal Year 2008 ( July 1, 2007 through June 30, 2008). The Chairman for FY 2008 must be a voting member from New Jersey, and the Vice Chairman must be a voting member from Pennsylvania. The committee will report these candidates and elections will take place at the June 2007 PCC/RTC Meeting.
13. Roundabouts 101
In recent years, roundabouts have increasingly become a viable option for relieving traffic congestion in communities around the United States. Jeff L'Amoreaux of Van Cleef Engineering Associates will provide a brief overview on the background of roundabouts, including what they are, how effective they are, and how they operate.
14. Regional Aviation Planning Update
A number of important regional and national issues have recently arisen in aviation planning. Staff will provide an update about these critical developments in aviation and how they affect the DVRPC region.
15. Coordinated Human Services Transportation Plan (CHSTP)
SAFETEA-LU mandates that the MPO adopt a Coordinated Human Services Transportation Plan (CHSTP), which aims to improve transportation services for persons with disabilities, older adults and individuals with low incomes. A draft CHSTP is complete and a 30-day public comment period is proposed to run from March 26 to April 24.
16. One Minute Reports
PCC/RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies.
17. Old Business and New Business
18. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the PCC/RTC is May 8, 2007. This meeting will be held at SEPTA Headquarters, located at 1234 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA.
1. Report on Citizens Committee Activity
2. Highlights of the March 6, 2007 RTC Meeting
3. TIP Actions, April 2007
4. Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Transportation Enhancement Project
5. JFK Boulevard Clock Transportation Enhancement Project
6. Work Program Dots and Dashes: Game Playing For Long Range Consensus Building
7. MOU Between SEPTA and DVRPC
8. FY07 New Jersey JARC Grant Program
9. Meeting Highlights of March 9, 2007 ITS Technical Task Force
10. SEPTA Notice of Public Hearing
11. Meeting Announcement of May 8, 2007 RTC Meeting