Regional Technical Committee
10:00 a.m. Meeting
12:00 Noon Lunch
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
10:00 a.m. Planning Coordinating Committee & Regional Transportation Committee Meeting
12:00 Noon Lunch
1:00 p.m. New Jersey Sub-Committee Meeting
1. Call to Order - Chairman's Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director's Report
3. Report on Regional Citizens Committee Activities
4. Highlights of the Meeting of February 6, 2007
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. As situations arise, the PCC/RTC is asked to consider changes.
a. TIP Action NJ07- 11: Tomlin Station Road Bridges over Nehonsey Brook and White Sluice Race, (DB# D038), Gloucester County
b. TIP Action NJ07- 12: CR 533 Hamilton Township, Mercer County Signal Project - (Proposed New Study and Development Project, DB# TBD), Mercer County
c. TIP Action PA07- 27: Montgomery Avenue/Conshohocken State Road Closed Loop Signal Improvement, (MPMS #48180), Montgomery County
d. TIP Action PA07- 28: Villanova Intermodal Station Accessibility - (Proposed New DEMO Project), (MPMS #15407), SEPTA
e. TIP Action PA07- 29: Deferrals Resulting in Technical Deletions from the TIP, (MPMS # 57894, 70014, 17697, 57893, 62717, 17652, 17659, 16334, 48187, 57635, 57901)
1) Stenton Avenue/Godfrey Avenue Signal Improvement, (MPMS #57894), Philadelphia
2) Center City Signal Improvement, Phase 3, (MPMS #70014), Philadelphia
3) Island Avenue Signal Improvement, (MPMS #17697), Philadelphia
4) Lehigh Avenue East Signal Improvement, (MPMS #57893), Philadelphia
5) Lehigh Avenue West Signal Improvement, (MPMS #62717), Philadelphia
6) PA 611, North Broad Street Corridor Improvements, (MPMS #17652), Philadelphia
7) Harbison Avenue/Aramingo Avenue Corridor Safety Improvements, (MPMS #17659), Philadelphia
8) Church Road Signal Improvements, (MPMS #16334), Montgomery County
9) I-76 Interstate and Henderson Road Widening, (MPMS #48187), Montgomery County
10) Quakertown Closed Loop Signal Improvement, (MPMS #57635), Bucks County
11) Lincoln Drive Highway Reconstruction, (MPMS #57901), Philadelphia
f. TIP Action PA07- 30: Center City Traffic System Signal Improvement, (MPMS #17655), Philadelphia
g. TIP Action PA07- 31: Easton Road Closed Loop Signal System, (MPMS #61061), Bucks County
h. TIP Action PA07- 32: I-476, Schuylkill River Bridge Rehabilitation, (MPMS #77523), Philadelphia
6. Fiscal Year 2007 Planning Work Program Amendments
To respond to the needs of member governments and agencies, work program changes and additions are brought to the PCC/RTC to permit the timely undertaking of technical activity.
a. Princeton Junction Station Transit Oriented Development (TOD)
7. Regional Scope - Regional Tools: Moving beyond corridors and nodes
This presentation updates the RTC on the "Transit Score" project, a tool permitting regional "apples to apples" comparison of transit service appropriateness based on demographic and land use attributes. This is an update of the presentation made at the November 2006 national conference of the Association of Metropolitan Planning Organizations.
8. Developing Around Transit
Staff will present an overview of recent work on Transit-Oriented Development (TOD), including Developing Around Transit: TOD Plans for Ellsworth-Federal, North Wales, and Warminster. The direction of DVRPC's future work on TOD will also be discussed.
9. Framework For A National Freight Policy
Staff will highlight features of a framework for a national freight policy (now in draft form) promulgated by United States Department of Transportation. The framework consists of four overarching themes and seven objectives with supporting strategies and tactics which jurisdictions may use to address opportunities and challenges associated with the movement of freight.
10. One Minute Reports
PCC/RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies.
11. Old Business and New Business
12. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the PCC/RTC is April 10, 2007.
1. Highlights of the February 6, 2007 RTC Meeting
2. Report on Citizens Committee Activity
3. TIP Actions, March 2007
4. Framework for a National Freight Policy
5. May 2007 RTC Meeting Flyer